Thinking of upgrading my Denon AVR 4500

No, there is difference between Anthem and Denon. Channel separation is better and there is good ambience in 5.1 content too in Anthem. What I meant was, there is no night and day difference between them like you see online. Overall Anthem is definitely better than Denon. Mainly it’s the nuances that differentiate Anthem.
In this 2 avr # my choice anthem avr '# anthem superb sounding ' ' superb build quality 'superb movie experience ' superb stereo sounding 'superb performance both audio & video # no gimmicks true AVR # my vote for anthem

No, there is difference between Anthem and Denon. Channel separation is better and there is good ambience in 5.1 content too in Anthem. What I meant was, there is no night and day difference between them like you see online. Overall Anthem is definitely better than Denon. Mainly it’s the nuances that differentiate Anthem.
Ok. Thanks for the info!!!

Dear All,

I dropped the upgrading idea for now and planned to build a dedicated HT room on my terrace. As of now iam using one of my bedroom as a dedicated HT but we are in need of that room. So changed my thought to buod a dedicated HT room in my terrace. Ifs going to be approx 13 feet width X 20 feet length. Now, i will hit back our forum to get more advice towards dos and donts of dedicated HT room starting with the following:

1. Where to keep the AV gears? Front stage or in Back
2. What is the optimal height of room.
3. How many electrical points we need.

The work starts next week…

Started new thread for the same kindly provide your valuable comments and suggestions here:

Thanks All
Dina

Last edited:
Re-igniting this thread to upgrade my Denon 4500 to a good processor. Please suggest some good processors Anthem AVM 70, Arcam AV 41, Emotiva Processor or Monolith. Thanks @ankitbhargava for your suggestions. Lets hear from other experts too :)

1. Anthem AVM 70 - 2 years warranty - ARC room corrections - but still has some software bugs similar to other processors.
2. ARCAM AV 41 - Auditioned AV 40, it sounds excellent and with world famous Dirac Live. Again some reports Hum noise and some bugs not sure whether its fixed in AV 41
3. Monolith - HTP1 - no idea
4. Emotiva - no idea

:) Please help.

Re-igniting this thread to upgrade my Denon 4500 to a good processor. Please suggest some good processors Anthem AVM 70, Arcam AV 41, Emotiva Processor or Monolith. Thanks @ankitbhargava for your suggestions. Lets hear from other experts too :)

1. Anthem AVM 70 - 2 years warranty - ARC room corrections - but still has some software bugs similar to other processors.
2. ARCAM AV 41 - Auditioned AV 40, it sounds excellent and with world famous Dirac Live. Again some reports Hum noise and some bugs not sure whether its fixed in AV 41
3. Monolith - HTP1 - no idea
4. Emotiva - no idea

:) Please help.
Hi,
This video might help you a bit. My findings were more or less the same.

@rainbowsong2000, could you please share how your experience with Arcam 41 has been? There have been a number of negative reviews on the quality issues of Arcam 40. Have you experienced any in 41 (hopefully not)?
I am hoping they have been fixed in 41 (I am considering one).
Thanks.

Been using for the last 1 month, its definitely a step up from D&M receivers. I am using this in my dedicated HT room and now the sounds are more detailed in each speakers and i can hear lot of missing detailed crisp sounds from the surround speakers. Also Dirac is a excellent tool to play with to tame the sound signature as you wish (But you need to pay additional to get the Dirac Live Bass Control), by default the license is having Dirac Live and Bass management (Not bass control), which again have option to adjust the pin point cross over and curve adjustment.

Coming to the AV 41, you cannot expect the same user friendly GUI and all other additional options (Video enhancement etc) in AV 41 and the Menu options will not be like D&M, it is a simple 2 line display appear in the screen for you to adjust any settings. However, since my AV 41 is hidden in a separate room, i mostly controlling it with the IP address in my phone, which is sufficient for me. Also, though there is no any additional features on Video, the quality of Video is excellent better than my Denon 4500.

And the surprisingly all the OTT contents are sounds excellent, in my earlier Denon 4500 OTT contents will be less engaging and sounds dull. Now, all the OTT contents sounds very alive.

So far I noticed 2 bugs, sometime once you complete updating the DIRAC curve to the processor ( You can have 3 different curve option) it will not exit the screen, unless you repower the unit and May be not a bug i need to play with DHCP ip address, it keeps on changing the IP Address so often I need to check the IP address in the info button before i use it in my mobile.

Other than that I am a happy customer of Arcam AV 41.

Back