Thinking of upgrading my Denon AVR 4500

Dear All,

Using Denon 4500 AVR for the past 3 years and thinking of upgrading to a processor.

Narrowed down to Anthem AVM 70, looking at various reviews.

Any other alternatives?

Thanks
I think Denon AVR 4500 AVR has pre-outs and you can still use the AVR as preprocessor. And you may invest in good power amplifiers like Emotiva/Anthem PAs.
Using preprocessors , difference will not be very notable , unless in very loud volume. If you don't care about budget then you can go with preprocessors. AVRs are budget friendly comparing to preprocessors.

Anthem is supposed to be good option for AVR/ preprocessors/and power amplifiers except they are expensive.
Denon , Marantz also do have preprocessor models i guess. You may look at Emotiva as well.

Dear All,

Using Denon 4500 AVR for the past 3 years and thinking of upgrading to a processor.

Any other alternatives?

Thanks

Dina Ji,

Visit the grand cinema in Chennai.
They have Anthem pre-power with Dynaudio speakers. You will indeed find it very helpful.
IMO, Pre power makes a lot of sense for you provided you have a decently sized dedicated room.

I think Denon AVR 4500 AVR has pre-outs and you can still use the AVR as preprocessor. And you may invest in good power amplifiers like Emotiva/Anthem PAs.
Using preprocessors , difference will not be very notable , unless in very loud volume. If you don't care about budget then you can go with preprocessors. AVRs are budget friendly comparing to preprocessors.

Anthem is supposed to be good option for AVR/ preprocessors/and power amplifiers except they are expensive.
Denon , Marantz also do have preprocessor models i guess. You may look at Emotiva as well.
Thanks a lot!

Dina Ji,

They have Anthem pre-power with Dynaudio speakers. You will indeed find it very helpful.
IMO, Pre power makes a lot of sense for you provided you have a decently sized dedicated room.
Thanks Ji!!! Will visit GRAND cinema and will have demo of ARCAM in decibels, will call you can join👍

Dina Ji,

Vinod ,I came to know that Grand Cinema is not in HT business . Please check and reconfirm it @rainbowsong2000 .
Anthem AVM 70 is better choice IMO.
Alternatively Arcam AV 40 which has DIRAC also can be considered.This may be little costlier.( Understand the DIRAC version will have independent subwoofer bass management and crossover adjustment in 1Hz range which is very flexible option to tune the HT system.Please check and explore it).

Vinod ,I came to know that Grand Cinema is not in HT business . Please check and reconfirm it @rainbowsong2000 .
Anthem AVM 70 is better choice IMO.
Alternatively Arcam AV 40 which has DIRAC also can be considered.This may be little costlier.( Understand the DIRAC version will have independent subwoofer bass management and crossover adjustment in 1Hz range which is very flexible option to tune the HT system.Please check and explore it).
Spoke to them, they are in various business now. But have the Demo room near Rajinikanth House. May be I will go with superstar for better deal.

How about the Denon A1H? It’s out in Jan , 9.4.6ch and Dirac full suite paid upgrade in April?
Cost is roughly 9L.

Dear All,

Any other alternatives?

Thanks
Looking at your signature, sir, and am full off envy :D
Steps you need to take:
1. Stay away from this forum,
2. Run the 4500 to death,
3. Evaluate how you like the Tonewinner's output,
4. And then take a call on whether:
a. You really need a processor (can you not continue running the 4500 as a processor?), and if so,
b. Something with all the current bells and whistles works best for you - in simple English, a 2023 model you can afford from a brand you like.
Regards

Looking at your signature, sir, and am full off envy :D
Steps you need to take:
1. Stay away from this forum,
2. Run the 4500 to death,
3. Evaluate how you like the Tonewinner's output,
4. And then take a call on whether:
a. You really need a processor (can you not continue running the 4500 as a processor?), and if so,
b. Something with all the current bells and whistles works best for you - in simple English, a 2023 model you can afford from a brand you like.
Regards
😁😁😁 All because of the guys laughing at your post ji 😁 Already iam in riterment mode So thinking of attaining affordable Nirvana stage before i lose my 👂. The current setup is brilliant no doubt… Thought of experiencing the so called dynamics separations of Processor. Ya 2023 have good lineups particularly Denon n Marantz with Dirac.. lets see😊 btw missed to update the signature
1671162167373.gif

Dear All,

Any other alternatives?

Thanks

Hi,
currently, i'm in the same boat. I'm using X4500 too and looking to upgrade.
My X4500 would be used at a different place.

I had auditioned Anthem AVM70, ARCAM AV41 and NAD T778 at a dealers place last month and got home Anthem MRX 740 and NAT T778 to test at home. I liked Anthem the most, both at dealers place and at my home too. If movies is your priority, Anthem is very good.
I definitely see a difference between Anthem MRX 740 and Denon X4500, but definitely not night and day like people say t on online forums.

This dealer suggested me Emotiva RMC-1 pre-pro for the best sound quality. He deals with Trinnov too, and he said it's the only processor in this price range which can come close to Trinnov's sound quality. He also told that, Emotiva still has lot of SW issues, but people still buy it because of it's sound quality. Unfortunately they don't have Emotiva processor at their place when I had visited them. I'll be going next week to demo Emotiva. I trust this dealer because I got a lot of stuff from him and I always had positive experience from his suggestions and quite knowledgeable too.

After reading a lot online, I still want to stay away from Emotiva because of it's software problems. So, mostly it would be either Anthem AVM 70 or Monolith HTP-1. Heard really good things about HTP-1. There are no dealers to try HTP-1, so I have to it only at home when it's back in stock, estimated available date is end of this month. I will be using the processor with Emotiva XPA-11.

I'm not sure if Monolith HTP-1 would be available in India anytime soon. I would suggest you to try and audition Anthem AVM 70 and Emotiva RMC-1 / XMC-2.

😁😁😁 All because of the guys laughing at your post ji 😁 Already iam in riterment mode So thinking of attaining affordable Nirvana stage before i lose my 👂. The current setup is brilliant no doubt… Thought of experiencing the so called dynamics separations of Processor. Ya 2023 have good lineups particularly Denon n Marantz with Dirac.. lets see😊 btw missed to update the signature
View attachment 73708
I ❤ sentil true comedian

Hi,
currently, i'm in the same boat. I'm using X4500 too and looking to upgrade.
My X4500 would be used at a different place.

I had auditioned Anthem AVM70, ARCAM AV41 and NAD T778 at a dealers place last month and got home Anthem MRX 740 and NAT T778 to test at home. I liked Anthem the most, both at dealers place and at my home too. If movies is your priority, Anthem is very good.
I definitely see a difference between Anthem MRX 740 and Denon X4500, but definitely not night and day like people say t on online forums.

This dealer suggested me Emotiva RMC-1 pre-pro for the best sound quality. He deals with Trinnov too, and he said it's the only processor in this price range which can come close to Trinnov's sound quality. He also told that, Emotiva still has lot of SW issues, but people still buy it because of it's sound quality. Unfortunately they don't have Emotiva processor at their place when I had visited them. I'll be going next week to demo Emotiva. I trust this dealer because I got a lot of stuff from him and I always had positive experience from his suggestions and quite knowledgeable too.

After reading a lot online, I still want to stay away from Emotiva because of it's software problems. So, mostly it would be either Anthem AVM 70 or Monolith HTP-1. Heard really good things about HTP-1. There are no dealers to try HTP-1, so I have to it only at home when it's back in stock, estimated available date is end of this month. I will be using the processor with Emotiva XPA-11.

I'm not sure if Monolith HTP-1 would be available in India anytime soon. I would suggest you to try and audition Anthem AVM 70 and Emotiva RMC-1 / XMC-2.
Thanks for details Bro.. surprised when you say there is no much difference comparing AVM 70 and Denon 4500...most of the review says otherwise... Let me try auditioning i. Chennai

Thanks for details Bro.. surprised when you say there is no much difference comparing AVM 70 and Denon 4500...most of the review says otherwise... Let me try auditioning i. Chennai
No, there is difference between Anthem and Denon. Channel separation is better and there is good ambience in 5.1 content too in Anthem. What I meant was, there is no night and day difference between them like you see online. Overall Anthem is definitely better than Denon. Mainly it’s the nuances that differentiate Anthem.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back