Thorens CD50 from 1943.

Rajiv

Hi,

Links to an amazing turntable from the past.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=http://vgsloOKK-EY

Vinyl Asylum

Notice that the top platter/spindle turns in the opposite direction to the bottom platter/spindle. Amazing engineering. :clapping:

If I am not mistaken,forum member Kuruvillajacob has one of these ultra rare turntables.

Regards
Rajiv

Yes, I have a cd 53 which can play all three speed records. I think CD-50 can play only one speed. It is a real engineering masterpiece. And it was made in the 40's !

Truly a work of art, loved the you tube video, superb engineering, that too in the '40s/
Hats off to Thorens boffins :clapping:

Thanks Rajiv for sharing some gyaan

:)

Hi,

Links to an amazing turntable from the past.

Notice that the top platter/spindle turns in the opposite direction to the bottom platter/spindle. Amazing engineering. :clapping:

If I am not mistaken,forum member Kuruvillajacob has one of these ultra rare turntables.

Regards
Rajiv

That was amazing. Never knew that a masterpiece like this exists. Great Engineering! That too of 40s?? That adds to the magic.

Thanks for sharing too!

Regards,
Saket

That Thorens is mechanical marvel. Here are few more.
Rare Markel Playmaster old record changer - YouTube
Hope The link shows all eleven of them. Perpetumm Ebner has innovative disc changer, Luxor automatically rejects damaged records. Victor has some style :D flipping out played records. Fun to watch. Amazed at sound quality of these. Specially Garrard RC1.
Regards.

My vinyl world would have been limited to HMV/ Philips record players had I not been in the great company of my dear fellow members.

Big thanks to all members here to whom I owe a lot of information & knowledge of the wonderful world of vinyl.:)

Saket

Its an amazing piece of engineering however, can't help but feel for the records that were played on it. Imagine spring-based pressure-tracking from below the surface of the record. More like those vintage car record players and Juke boxes. This was a classic set up for heavy record wear. Thought the TDW224 was a much better example for master class engineering logic.

Its an amazing piece of engineering however, can't help but feel for the records that were played on it. Imagine spring-based pressure-tracking from below the surface of the record. More like those vintage car record players and Juke boxes. This was a classic set up for heavy record wear. Thought the TDW224 was a much better example for master class engineering logic.

These players were originally designed to play 78 RPM which could take a lot of tonearm weight. Moreover, those days, most people did not care much for records because they were easily available and reasonably priced

These players were originally designed to play 78 RPM which could take a lot of tonearm weight. Moreover, those days, most people did not care much for records because they were easily available and reasonably priced

very true, the stainless steel needles clamped to crystal pickups, grinding through the grooves of those 78s. Those were the days when the novelty of listening to recorded music was more important that how it sounded. Good old times!!

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back