thrown lg, welcoming samsung.....

drkavint

with all the horrible mental tortures i faced after buying lg plasma 50" two years back... alas.. i sold it less than half price and booked for samsung 51d5500.. just sent the tv and sitting comfortably and waiting for samsung to arrive.. may be a day/ two...i can live without tv than seeing the lg...
my story begins exactly 2 years back....
i went to sharptronics to buy 32" lcd.. that time very few full hd and no led were available..
had a look at sony, lg, samsung 32" lcd tv, suddenly when i turned head had a glance at a 32"tv which was amazing in picture...
asked why it was separate though picture is very good..
the reply was its a plasma tv.. price is very less.. we dont recommend plasma as it is outdated and people love lcd...
i was hard to be convinced ..because i could not beleive my eyes when compared lcd vs plasma.. returned home searched forums.. i didnot know about hifivision,, but got avs forum... decided for lg .. selected size 50" plasma and ordered for it..
1. i bought lg for the amazing picture clarity,its the best till i have seen....
2. i also bought lg home theater along with tv (1200w 5.1, dvd combo... oops it is also the best of what i heard excluding bose...)
started enjoying for a month then ......
1. tv screen half bottom went black, while tapping panel it returned.. had to do it atleast 5-10 times a month..
called service... what a great ..service engineer turned in 6 hours said loose contact adjusted some board setting and went..
meanwhile he told me bout annual maintainance contract 7 000 per year.. i refused..
just 3- 6 month over my tv tuner stopped working.. as i got reliance dvr.. i didnot force to change.. but while surfing i found that board costs 25,000 and got information that my board is weak, so only picture is not seen bottom half screen..
i called service.. it took 2 month for tuner board to come.. he changed it.. i paid 18000 towards amc for additional 3 years.. had a relief mind..
again after 6 month the problem reappeared... i called service the guy came in one week with new board and changed.. 4 weeks over no problem...
but ooops last few weeks back, the same problem surfed...
i quietly ordered samsung.. sold tv to friend in bangalore.. thrown away price...
the fault is the service guy is not trained to findout the problem and rectify it.. simply changing board will not solve..
the guy has become very friendly, could not shout at him..
its a fate to buy lg product....
i decided and told all known persons buying lg is worst than china product, u get a quick response service which is useless..........
hey i did mention about lg home theater right?... i will tell the problems what i faced in the dvd...but will take another half hour. so will take break...
believe me
1. lg is best in clarity.. amazing sound and picture...
2. lg is the best in response to service complaints...
BUT
THE QUALITY OF COMPONENTS ARE THE WORST KIND IN BUILD,,,,, WORSER THAN MICROMAX MOBILE AND CHINA PRODUCTS EVER I HEARD/ SEEN..
IF UR LG OWNER I FEEL PITY,,, PRAY GOD THAT UR PRODUCT IS NOT DEFECTIVE.. OFCOURSE I TOO BELIEVE 1/100 PRODUCTS MAY NOT BE DEFECTIVE....U MAY BE THE LUCKY ONE...
add note: i started this thread because just now i read about....lg phone problems.. guys have a look,,,,
LG faces class action lawsuit over Optimus 2X power issues - GSMArena.com news

I TOOK lg home theater (dvd+5.1) along with tv.. the sound was amazing, rocking every corner of my room.. i took tv out and connected to aux.. though my thirst for home theater is over..the conversion of mp3/ 2 channel to 5.1 was too good..( 100 times better than onkyo 508 presently using / sony and philips what i previously used)
i was watching tamil movies for first month then took out my english collections..
i have more than 150 movies in 5.1 dolby/ dts dvds collections.. ((((hey are not original but bluray rip converted to dvd sold with bluray rip symbol..))))
was enjoying few movies but i suddenly noticed after playing for 1 hour the disc gets struck..
i initially thought disc problem, discarded few disks, but the problem persisted on 90% of disc i tried...
i think for movie lovers this is the nightmare because u watch 80% movie then no end????
i had to download the movie in internet and watch end..
crash was one such movie i spent entire night downloading and watch..
i called lg, service turned immediately said lens need to be cleaned.. took the receiver for one week returned...
oops after 3/4 movies same problem.. i lived in tension whether movie will play/ not..
bought onida player without hdmi, always had it standby to switch over if disc gets struck...
called sevice,,after a month frustrated and told either repair/ take back...
he said will change the entire lens...
took 2 month.. returned with lens kit... changed in front of my eyes...
hahahaa... the problem remained.. ofcourse not on same day but after 2 days..
called service, again after 1 month new lens unit fitted...
nononono... better not to cry was the thought....
same problem.. he then told" sir, problem with ur disk , not with unit...."
o.k i took him in bike to near supermarket. bought new branded dvd9 cassete,played in player..i took him for lunch, returned after 30 minutes to find that the dvd struck...
he said he will take unit send to lg care..
without player i remained for 2 months, then he returned player saying its all fine..
total of 11 months went , i hardly watched 10 movies..
just to add,, even sending player didnot resolve the issue.. after 40 minutes movie struck
the problem was seen only with english movies, not hindi/ tamil movies... local/ branded english movies gets struck...
((remembering X FILES SEASON-1 GHOST IN THE MACHINE...may be my dvd is superadvanced that it can differentiate regional vs english movies)))
i took 4-5 movies in hand went to show room. played in sony, samsung, philips and onida dvd players.. none got struck but lg (same model) it got struck...
people said codac problem, lens problem, ventilation problem... what so ever may be lg could get me no answer,, even the replaced unit has same issue....
guess what i did...
i came home unplugged all speakers .. took the unit placed neatly over my panasonic vcr(bought 10 years back), and covered both with lovely blanket and thrown in garage go-down,,,where its sleeping till date (more than 8 months)..
2 reason why i thrown the unit
1. when ever i see i feel i wasted money18000 for it..makes me depressed
2. happy with onida dvd which i got a year back
future???
after getting samsung tv only...( dont want to have 2 devils(LGTV AND lg DVD), iam
planning to use speakers with onkyo 508, got only 5.1 speaker so will take lg 4 speaker s for front high and surround back
may connect samsung tv optical out to the unit and use as amplifier for cable channels...
samsung 51d5500, at present doesnot support audio return... waiting for samsung,, hoping for the light at the end of tunnel....

lg speakers have impedance of 4 ohms, onkyo speakers 6 ohms,,508 receiver has setting for 4/6/8 ohms.. if mixture of speakers used, the manual adviced to select the lowest ohms impedance...i need to change to 4, if lg connected.. thank u..

even i have same story 2 share ..i bought lg tv crt not a plasma.it stop working right on first day,week after week all the parts of tv were replaced still problem in tv remain as it is ..finally i was lucky 8 month down the line i got full refund .sorry 2 hear that u have sell it at throw away price

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back