Time to upgrade! (Amp and speakers)

• Thread starter Deleted member 38504
  • Start date
You can check in amazon.de for some cool prices and drops. Some of the members have bought from there.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Not required as they would be 220. Many ship to India. You can create an account to check. Denon 1200 is shipped to India

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Link Here

We are talking about taking risk of 1 year warranty. also you can talk to the forum members who have bought from amazon.de for their experience. Amazon has some good user feedback addressing system.

On Monday it's gonna be a toss between the Marantz nr1506 and then denon 520BT.

The price difference between the two is 10k.

Is it worth spending the extra money on the Marantz?

Hi

Performance perspective both are at par.....Marantz is much warmer and puncher.....

Check the specs and do a side by side compare to understand the difference and features....

I would bet my cash on the Marantz....all the best

On Monday it's gonna be a toss between the Marantz nr1506 and then denon 520BT.

The price difference between the two is 10k.

Is it worth spending the extra money on the Marantz?

Where did you check these prices? Also did you have an audition as suggested by others? A visit to profx may solve certain doubts, finally it's all up to you. You must decide the speakers or avr based on your audition regardless of what others say, as music can be judged differently by different individuals. What you may like may not be liked by the others. So trust your ears. You won't go wrong with any of the above mentioned avrs and a comparative audition will be much better to take the final decision. Since you mentioned about more of movies being watched, I would suggest Denon, however if music gains priority, marantz wins hands down. I too have heard denon, marantz, Yamaha, onkyo, HK, etc and found denon to suit my requirements with regards to pricing as well as sound signature. Also many reviews indicate that Denon+Polk make a good match. So after having an audition, was confident regarding the purchase. Wishing you good luck on your HT buying quest.

Thanks so much gentlemen, I am carrying my speakers along with me for the audition.

The last time I went for a demo, I auditioned the nr1506.

Tomorrow will have a look at the Marantz and the denon as well.

@clester, not sure about Marantz NR1506 handling those speakers, some of our FMs will be able to answer that query well.
However, you have Yamaha RX V479 and Pioneer VSX 830 in 40-45k range and having good reviews.
I have auditioned marantz 1504 with wharfedale 10.6 and pioneer Andrew Jones.if u r not a listener of loud music I think the avr powers them quite well and I was extremely happy with the quality of music.so I went ahead and bought the 1506 which is better thn 1504

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Great thanks so much guys for all the inputs and advice.

I think I'll buy the nr1506 tomorrow.

Hi

Honestly nothing different between a 1504 and 1506 except for the wireless capability.....Performance in terms of sound quality and power is the same. the 1506 costs around 49k on HiFi Mart

With reference to your post on 27th April, if you are intending to hook up the Polk TSX440s (which are power hungry), you may not get much depth and punch.....the Dali Z3s will work fine.

You will need to connect all speakers and use the Multichannel stereo mode.....

Last edited:
Ok that changes a few things I guess..... I'm anyways taking my speakers today with me for the audition. If it sounds good I shall get the marantz,if not ,the hunt for an AVR shall continue!

Maybe the Yamaha rxv679.....

Hi,

Congrats on your old amp being sold!

Yes, possibly the Yamaha should suffice or you can look @ Denon 1200....if you want a nice warm signature...Marantz 5010....you can use the Bi Amp feature and direct 200w rms pure power to each tower speaker.(tsx 440)

Given that you are quite busy with work etc...limited use of the system is anticipated...suggest the pre owned path to get something at a decent budget...

The final choice is yours...

I am using Marantz 1504 with Elac B6 and the sound is amazing. The speakers are rated 120w max, 6ohm with 85db sensitivity. Not the most efficient speakers.

I used to listen at -30 to -35 when powering the Polk tsi200(87db, 8ohm). Elac b6 need the volume in -25 to -20 range. This is at low to moderate levels where one will have slight difficulty in having a conversation. Not impossible. This is in general, slight variations in volume needed depending on source too. For example some movies need the volume to be in -15 to -10 range. Rarely have i gone close to reference 0 at which it's very loud irrespective of source.

Hope this gives you an idea. Again it also largely depends on the room. Mine is a 16x12 rectangular room.

MaSh

Thanks so much guy's, went and auditionedthree different avr's today and finally bought a a denon 520bt.

I'll do a review and my experience with the avr tomorrow.

Thanks for all ur help and advice and suggestions!

Back