Times AV Expo show in Delhi Sep 5th - 7th

Sridhar, how about taking them to Consumer court? Unless 10 such cases get filed agianst them they won't learn a lesson. Sirdhar, if you have some supporting documents like their info / propmotional material / news paper advts circulated before the exhibition, mentioning facilities, actual site pictures (or better a video footage), written complaints (w/ ackn taken) , some eye witnesses etc then you have a strong case to ask for full refund plus all incidental and valid expenses you have made.

And next time, when such organizers approach, ask for complete specifications about booth, facilities etc , get that in writing. Keep all receipts. At site if anything is not as per the specs/promises, take pictures/ video footage with some date proof Embedded (such as - holding a day's newspaper clearly visible in the picture) , all complaints must be written and ackn taken.

We suffer but keep quite that's why taken for a ride every time. At least send them a show cause notice, many times that alone works!

Folks
I cant believe how badly the entire show was arranged. They seem to have screwed up on everything from Power (it came on 12 hours late from what they promised), to stall heights - everyone had differing heights obstructing other stall views, etc. For our experience, I think I am going to stay away from the Times AV Expo until they think about going to a venue where they have proper rooms (hotel rools) similar to how other high end shows are done around the world. The agreement for us to put up a demo room was for the organizers to give us a 4" thick MDF closed room. What they gave us was the regular 1mm white sheet that is used for lining closets and cabinet drawers. This whole thing was inserted into a thin aliminium frame and I kid you not, I can get a whole wall crashing down with a simple push. If you think this was bad, no its not over yet :D - the room they made out of this flimsy material was not even to the top, meaning its open on the ceiling and the walls (made up of this fancy material :D) are about high enough that one can look over at another stall.
I really dont know whether to laugh at this experience or cry - ofcourse there is a huge amount of money that we put into all this, not to mention flying a lot of equipment down by fast shipment times to get it to Delhi before the show - all a waste. They didnt even have the courtesy to call us and apologize (the main guys were MIA), instead they had some pretty PR ladies trying to talk us into staying on "promising to rectify the situation, but that it will take another day at least"... blah blah. There were such comments (and I quote) "This is India, a bit of chaos is to be expected" and here's the real kicker "Though we organize about 30 expo's a year, we dont know the technical aspects of building a stall for a demo"...nothing fancy, just a simple 4" MDF room, how hard can that be, especially if they do 30 shows a year!!!
I apologize to anyone who came by looking for us and didnt find us. There would have been absolutely no point in setting up a demo in that room.

As to the rest - there were static displays of some high end speakers such as Meredian, AvantaGarde, etc but at prices that make me wonder why anyone would want to buy - (around 2 x $US retail)...:rolleyes:

About the BLR show, I dont know, havent decided
Mridul...consider yourself lucky

cheers

Hi! Sridhar,

I guess you realised how good our A/V shows are, realised it myself many years back when the 1st A/V MAx show was held in Mumbai, that was the best one so far till date. Had nice demo rooms in a nice hotel.

If you are thinking of taking part in the same show in Bangalore, well its going to be the same story.:eek:

Trust me its better to have customers coming to your showroom and you give them a proper demo than taking part in these shows!

I know that these shows do let more people see our products, but they see it in a horrible conditions & where they are on static display, you cant do much. Just my 2-bit.

Sadly no one takes these guys to court.! Mera Bharath Mahan!

Hi Suhas
We have all of the above plus photos. They also seem to have violated about a dozen safety rules including covering fire exits in their bid to sell more stalls. Anyone who has been there will know what I am talking about...
thanks for all your support.
cheers

Sridhar, how about taking them to Consumer court? Unless 10 such cases get filed agianst them they won't learn a lesson. Sirdhar, if you have some supporting documents like their info / propmotional material / news paper advts circulated before the exhibition, mentioning facilities, actual site pictures (or better a video footage), written complaints (w/ ackn taken) , some eye witnesses etc then you have a strong case to ask for full refund plus all incidental and valid expenses you have made.

And next time, when such organizers approach, ask for complete specifications about booth, facilities etc , get that in writing. Keep all receipts. At site if anything is not as per the specs/promises, take pictures/ video footage with some date proof Embedded (such as - holding a day's newspaper clearly visible in the picture) , all complaints must be written and ackn taken.

We suffer but keep quite that's why taken for a ride every time. At least send them a show cause notice, many times that alone works!

Firstly Sorry to hear about the show Shridhar. I guess u cant take these jokers at face value.
Suhas i am all for the consumer court and teaching people a lesson. Only problem is the time and effort one has to put in to get the desired result. I had a terrible issue a few years ago with a car dealer in bombay and after a lot of thought took them to the consumer court. My wife and all her family are solicitors/lawyers in delhi/bbay so it was relatively an easy affair and the end result was more than satisfactory.
Most of us take it as a learning experience and just move on and hence these people get away.
Wonder what Shridhar is contemplating ?
Regards

Prithvi/Dinyaar
We partnered with Sight and Sound in Delhi for this whole expo, so it was really front ended by them (officially they have to take it forward whichever way). Believe me, they have taken the bigger hit...

As for BLR, well a live demo is ruled out :)

cheers

Ah! Now that explains the empty room.

I was impressed by the large co's presence. Sony, LG, Pioneer, Samsung all had large stalls (in a large conference room without fire sprinklers). But felt too much like a plasma/lcd show to me.

Only speakers worth looking at were the /Meridian. Nice to see and hear but at 7 lak speakers :eek: ...shown in what looked like a 100R's stall.

The whole show felt a bit shoddy and half complete to me..

Thank God I didnt waste petrol ( even though its only 50 bucks here in delhi :D) to trudge all the way to Ashoka through Jam infested traffic. I was warned correctly that it would be a Samsung / Lg type show .

Folks
"As to the rest - there were static displays of some high end speakers such as Meredian, AvantaGarde, etc but at prices that make me wonder why anyone would want to buy - (around 2 x $US retail)...:rolleyes:
cheers

Hi Sridhar,
Just wanted to correct you - the prices are NOT 2 x US$ retail. Since these are both European brands prices vary with the Euro/US$ fluctuation.

Were you in Delhi for the show???

Regards,
Faisal Hamid

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back