Timtara Director, COO Arrested under for cheating people and doing Fraud

Vishu_fbd

The director and the chief operations officer of online shopping portal, Timtara.com have been arrested by the Economic Offences Wing of the Delhi Police for allegedly duping several people by luring them with large discount offers and not delivering the ordered goods, reported media on Sunday, 31 March 2013.

Arindam Bose (47), the director of timatara.com, and his associate Harish Ahluwalia (35), were arrested from Sector-63, Noida, on Friday (29 March 2013).

More than 200 complaints have been received by the police across the country so far in this connection. Bose, a native of Kolkata, along with three of his friends launched online shopping portal timtara.com-Indias No.1 Online Electronics Retailer. Shop Online in India for Electronics, Mobiles, Cameras, Appliances, Computers. in 2010 offering a wide range of products such as cameras, mobiles, home appliances, health and personal care products and lured the customers with high discounts and false representations, the police said. People placed orders for the products and made advance payments, but the goods were never delivered despite repeated requests and follow-ups.

Bose has a BTech in Electronics from Jadavpur University and has worked as an IT professional for firms in India and abroad.

BW | Businessworld had been the first to cover the Timtara issue nearly a year ago, (Read: The Star Loses Its Sheen ) after receiving several "please save us from Timtara" kind of mails from irate buyers whose purchases had not been delivered even weeks after the committed date. Right from buyers to Timtara's sellers, people had been chasing Timtara either for getting a refund for their undelivered products or calling up the office numbers for pending payments.

Many sellers Businessworld spoke to at that time had between Rs 5-10 lakh stuck with Timtara. Timtara's private label cellphones under the "Buzz" brand, which was started in June 2010, was also put on hold in January 2012. The buzz was that the company has burnt too much cash on the low-margin, high volume electronics category which never picked up. Timtara was getting these products contract manufactured at China.

Full Story here:

Timtara Director, COO Arrested

News from other sources...

Times Of India:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/...300003.cms

Hindustan Times:
Hindustantimes.com > Latest news on India,Cricket,Bollywood,Business - from India's leading online news channel

Indian Express:
Director, COO of retail website held for fraud - Indian Express

I was one of the lucky ones who ordered and received the item as well from Timtara. I had to chase up quite a few time though but was successful. Anyone who lost their money with timtara?

Thanks,
Vishu

Last edited:
I am always suspicious of huge discounts by unknown website. My motto: If it is too good to be true, then it is ...

I was one of those cheated by the site. So happy this has finally happened. I got the refund through the credit card company. But the site refused to deliver or refund the money even after 4 months.

Great great news. These bas**** never delivered or refunded me my 2 pair of headphones

Ridiculously, the portal is still selling stuff. But there's a notice

Important Notice for our esteem consumers:-
Team Timtara and its management are highly thankful to all for showing faith in the company. As Timtara succeeded in growing the business and offered prices which are quite less in compare to our competitor, our competitors have started defaming us and when they did not succeeded, they hired some professional, filed false complaints which resulted in registration of cases against the company. The management requests general public and the customers that they should not impressed upon such news or defamatory contents on the Internet. The Company has no intention to cheat any one and is committed to act according to law. However if still any person is having any grievance against the company, he can send his compliant directly at [email protected] or at phone no. +91 9555321321. Timtara has made lot of changes in the staff so that responsible persons may handle the grievances of our esteem customers. We undertake to resolve the problems of the customers.

Timtara request general public to inform to pass on the information about the group who are behind this conspiracy of defaming our company.

We again assure that WE ARE LAW ABIDING PERSONS AND HAVE NO INTENTION TO CHEAT ANY ONE. WE ARE DETERMINED TO FULFILL OUR ORDERS OR TO REFUND THE MONEY IN CASE OF CANCELLATION OF ORDERS.

Due to the above adverse circumstances, the redressal of the grievances may take some time but we are committed to resolve all issues.

Due to above circumstances we are withdrawing all discounts previously given to our customers henceforth. PLEASE COOPERATE.

:eek:hyeah::D Pathetic English.

Good move though, to loot the innocent for a few more days before it is taken down by EOW

Excellent Work Done.

One of my relatives also got cheated here. Recently got refund after 7 months.
I guess it must be after their arrest, they started refunding money to the customers.

mouthshut.com have over 800 reviews with 89% claiming that they been cheated by timtara. I do not know still how come people land up there to pay for item that never delivered.

Best buddy for on-line buying from not known retailer is google search, Ya we are the country with people still go behind that free lottery.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back