To stick with SoundMagic or try others ?

Hi Members,

Looking out for your valuable recommendations on earphones.

My wife have been using SoundMagic E10 for about an year and very happy with its sound quality. But due to moderate build quality, wires are counting days. So planning to buy another one in <2k range to connect to Redmi Note4. I've listed down few models which has got good reviews and I'm more inclined to Cowon EM2. Usage: 1 hour daily.

Cowon EM2
MI Xiomi HD Pro
SoundMagic E10
Sound Magic ES18S

Nothing comes near the Soundmagic in the VFM area. If you are happy with the sound then buy same. I have the same HP and am very happy with the sound.

Yes. I agree. Sound magic is best.

For the benefit of followers of this tread, I have ordered and received MI earphones (from Gearbest.com) and it sounds good but not like SoundMagic. Built quality of MI is not so great so if budget permits I would recommend SoundMagic. Gearbest site is good. Received product in 15-20 days.

Hi, i have soundmagic e80, skullcandy smokin bud 2 ear phone and sony headphones xb910a. Also had sony earphone got broke. I like e80 of all most balanced sounding earphone among all i had before. But if bass is all one need then i would say buy skullcandy blindly.

just to chip in with my experience too - I had used a soundmagic IEM some 5-6 years back (I think they had debuted here nearabout that time). while the sound was good no doubt, but build-quality left a bit to be desired. in about an year's time or so, they gave up. then I bought a pair of simple creative IEMs, the EP-630. they were a known product. believe me, they have endured (my rough use) since then till now! I've used them during daily commutes and travels, trekking, cycling, weight-training, in rains, etc., they've worked without breaking a sweat! and the sound has only shined through all this. its only recently NOW that their wire-coating is showing signs of some wear-tear at some spots, so I bought a pair of some other IEMs, thinking its time to say goodbye to the EP-630. but no, they are still working fine and the wire is seeing no spread of the coating-tear, so still using them. though it doesn't have mic, but any model with mic might be worth giving a try. soundwise, are very detailed and produce good, punchy lows.

Almost the same story. Had got a sound magic 7-8years ago and found the built quality to be Poor. After avoiding it for this long, I got one this March. The built is quite good this time round.

I've tried almost 20 diff IEM's, starting from my beloved E10's, Skull Candy, Sony XB, Shure, Sennheiser low & top end, Westone going all the way up to RHA etc. etc.

I can say this: there are better sounding IEM's than SM, but only once you pay 5x the price or more. I generally look after them, so I cant comment on build quality, but they are hands down the best sound/rupee.

Recently, I bought their E10BT wireless version, sounds good despite being BT.

i recently bought qcy qy19 iems from gearbest for under 1000. Sounds very good for the price even though its wireless and i don't have aptx enable BT device, might be it will sound even better with high end phone (aptx enabled). Best part is the battery life which easily gives 8-9 hours.

Forgot to mention that Memorex EB 300 - it has rumbling bass and good mids, you'll love it.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back