Topping NX2 using experience

hamhifi

I've only had this new DAC/Amp for a day, but I felt compelled to write an initial review of it as I'm astounded by the sound coming out of this tiny thing!

I currently have it connected to my iPhone 6+ using the Apple Lightning to USB camera connection kit and the supplied short USB to Mini-USB cable, but have also tried it with my Lenovo Yoga 2 8" Android (KitKat) tablet using an OTG adapter. Both work perfectly and sound fantastic!

I have my Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10 (with ACS custom silicone moulds) connected to the NX2 and position 4 on the volume dial is comfortably loud enough for me.

Without any music playing, the amp is virtually silent; only a slight (and very quiet) click is heard through the headphone when toggling the power switch, but otherwise there's no real white noise to speak of.

Music played through this unit sounds very detailed but not over analytical, instrument separation is great, there is no sibilance at all and it appears to have plenty of power on tap (at least for these IEMs). I'll try with a selection of other headphones later, but for now I'm really happy listening to albums using this combo.

Build quality looks and feels good for this price point.

Great work Topping!

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back