Torrent download in WD Live

cmsajith

Is there anybody using WD Live to download from Torrents or from similar source? How to set it up? I am using Railwire broadband connection. Also what about the internet radio?

To enable torrents, you need to install optware.
To install optware, you need custom firmware. Please follow the URL :
Torrent (Rtorrent) and wtorrent installation on WD TV HD | WDTVC.com

Dont use this firmware, its for WD TV not WD Live. It can brick your player. There is another version for WDLive from him.

I am looking for a solution without a custom firmware. If it is not available, i may go for B-Rad's f/w when he includes the Moviesheets in WD Live as WD TV.

You need to do following
  • Enable Bit torrent after flashing custom firmware ; by default its disabled
  • Setup the download directory (create a dedicated folder on a external driver and set)
  • Save all these settings ; else they get deleted

Exact Steps: Setup Deluge - WikiDLXTV
Latest Firmware on 1.02.21 : Directory Listing of //wdlxtv-live/
How to install firmware : Flashing the Firmware - WikiDLXTV

Let me know how it works; I will soon own WD TV LIVE(already ordered and shipped to a US friend); kept reading about it...

To add a torrent their is a web interface where you can add a torrrent file and download will start.
How to use Deluge Bittorrent - WikiDLXTV

Let me know if you need any other help...

-Chits

did u tried the setup ?

I'm using it in full time now for a week and it woks great.

Once set-up correctly, you just add your torrent file in the root directory from your hard attached to the USB1 or USB2 and it automatically add and start download. Once complete it move the file to your sub directory of your choice.

It also keep a copy of your Torrent file into an other directory in case of a crash and you need to restart the download.

Read the Wiki for B-Rad FW and it's easy to setup.

I'm using it in full time now for a week and it woks great.

Once set-up correctly, you just add your torrent file in the root directory from your hard attached to the USB1 or USB2 and it automatically add and start download. Once complete it move the file to your sub directory of your choice.

It also keep a copy of your Torrent file into an other directory in case of a crash and you need to restart the download.

Read the Wiki for B-Rad FW and it's easy to setup.

Does it support uploading also (must for maintaining a torrent a/c)?

Updates: Torrent working smoothly using deluge provided in custom firmware.
One problem i am having, I am using Belkin USB unpowered HUB, every time my 32 GB USB stick get different mount point.

Note: I cant use other USB port of WD TV Live because that i have dedicated to a 1 TB HDD which has lots of HD rips , through hub , streaming might get slow, thats why.

How everyone is using WD TV Live with torrent and multiple HDD (more that 2).

Updates: Torrent working smoothly using deluge provided in custom firmware.
One problem i am having, I am using Belkin USB unpowered HUB, every time my 32 GB USB stick get different mount point.

Note: I cant use other USB port of WD TV Live because that i have dedicated to a 1 TB HDD which has lots of HD rips , through hub , streaming might get slow, thats why.

How everyone is using WD TV Live with torrent and multiple HDD (more that 2).

Is it the BRad firmware?

Back