Torrent Sites Blocked By DoT

Opera turbo mode did not work...........Airtel has blocked almost all torrent sites, while some sites still work with BSNL.

Opera turbo mode did not work...........Airtel has blocked almost all torrent sites, while some sites still work with BSNL.

My suggestion would be just create a free user in one of the free VPN's available online and install the VPN exe provided by them. I use one something called "OpenVPN" and for a free account they give you access to one VPN server which you choose. I have chosen the US VPN address. When I login to the VPN my laptop becomes a part of the VPN hence bypassing all the restrictions in Indian ISP's. Simple then you can download the torrent files. Disconnect the VPN and select the torrent file and click on "Update Tracker" your torrent should start immediately even though you are not in VPN as the torrents do not download from torrent sites but peers just like us in other systems.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Thats what I posted that link for

https://www.torproject.org/

People use this. Its a simple mozilla based browser that does dynamic proxy connection and lets you browse any of the blocked sites.

I have a airtel connection. When I try access piratebay with normal mozilla window, it gives the same error. But with tor browser, it works like a charm.

Use it and enjoy.

Thats what I posted that link for

https://www.torproject.org/

People use this. Its a simple mozilla based browser that does dynamic proxy connection and lets you browse any of the blocked sites.

I have a airtel connection. When I try access piratebay with normal mozilla window, it gives the same error. But with tor browser, it works like a charm.

Use it and enjoy.

it works :)

Better still,

Change your ISP - will teach them a small, but definitive lesson.

I use Tata Communications Ltd (erstwhile VSNL) - nothing is blocked.

is dctorrrent down or blocked?
checked after many days,i am getting a blank page ...no clue..google doesn't help !
using bsnl broadband...can access all other sites !

As I understand it so far... Tor (as Tor Browser Bundle) is a collection of software including a patched version of Firefox with a Tor addin.

If this is installed on a system with exisiting FF install, is that Firefox install, profile files, etc afected, or is the "Tor browser" independent an separate?

Tor browser works independent of FF install. I initiate Tor instance only when i have to download torrents, because it is little slow, for obvious reasons.

Pointer: I sometime face problem downloading torrent file from Piratebay (I think tor blocks file download, you have to make some change to enable that). Simple solution to that is just use "copy link location" (right click) and use that link in utorrent or bittorrent.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back