Torvin - Service

mechmohra

Has anybody done servicing of your AVR with Torvin?..I have Denon AVR1508 which is faulty and as it is bought in dubai, Profx denied to do servicing..when i was googling, i found torvin webpage....Is it reliable?

Trovin started as a service centre and earned their reputation there. They do have competent people. The only issue will be to get parts for the unit. If it is not available in the market or with them, they may need to import from Singapore and that may take time.

Another excellent service person is Mr. Sayeed. He operates from the Philips Showroom next to Aavin parlour on Mount Road. This is in the Spencer plaza crossing. He can repair literally anything on earth.

Cheers

Trovin started as a service centre and earned their reputation there. They do have competent people. The only issue will be to get parts for the unit. If it is not available in the market or with them, they may need to import from Singapore and that may take time.

Another excellent service person is Mr. Sayeed. He operates from the Philips Showroom next to Aavin parlour on Mount Road. This is in the Spencer plaza crossing. He can repair literally anything on earth.

Cheers

Thanks...Actually, I am travelling back to Dubai...but the problem is baggage allowance, which is 20kg, and the receiver weighs around 13 kg...I also contacted service center in Dubai, they are ready to do servicing on chargeable basis as my warranty expired...If I am able to bring the unit via courier to dubai, if the rates are not too high, otherwise I will have to stick to ur suggestions...

Still, i would like to get ur suggestions...i am using Boston Ms8000s HT speaker packages...the spk ratings are 100W @ 8ohms, and freq range is from 120Hz...and the sub included in the package is 50W with freq range 45Hz to 150Hz...I started hearing cracking/distortion noise from the speakers...do u think it is because of these speaker ratings, which i feel insufficient for my receiver...Pls give ur suggestion..

Are you playing the amp at very high volumes? If so, the amp could be clipping and that will create distortion.

If not, the reason could be anything - power issues, bad cables, or a possible issue with the amp itself. I don't think you need to carry this to Dubai. Either Torvin or Sayeed can resolve this issue.

Speaker ratings will not be a factor.

Cheers

Are you playing the amp at very high volumes? If so, the amp could be clipping and that will create distortion.

If not, the reason could be anything - power issues, bad cables, or a possible issue with the amp itself. I don't think you need to carry this to Dubai. Either Torvin or Sayeed can resolve this issue.

Speaker ratings will not be a factor.

Cheers

Ok..I normally play @ -30 to -24dB volume....If I play DTS source no prob at all, but the problem arises if the sources are Dolby digital 5.1, 2.0, mp3...If I select DTS Neo for 2 Channel sources, no sound at all, if select DPLII, again movie sound with distortions...I think there is a prob with reciever, anyhow will chk with either Torvin or Sayeed after i comeback

Cheers

Sir,
I contacted Torvin today in order to fix my TT and amp only to be told that they would not service any Indian manufactured equipments.Will Mr.Sayeed you have mentioned be able to service my TT and amp.Please let me know.
Thanking you,
Regards,
pksnathan

hi mecmohra,

You can get the service support from Torvin for your denon AVR. (power electronics service).

Power electronics service
No.4, seyaliamman koil street,
mount road, chennai - 600002
Ph.No.044-28414304.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back