Toshiba LCD Tv

anandbj76

Hi guys,

I am on lookout for 32" LCD TV.

I checked the Toshiba, Panasonic and Sony LCD TVs over the weekend. To be honest, I think the colors for sony are definitely good, but nearest competetion is Toshiba and Panny. In fact, some times, I felt colors of Toshiba are better that Sony!

I have seen many reviews / feedbacks @ panny lcds.
Any experience about Toshiba LCD?

They claim to have 10 bit pannel. Also, they are saying that the color processing is 6 colors (not sure whether I got it correctly).

The scroll bar on news channels was also fairly good on both panny and Toshiba (in fact I found it better than that on sony v550).

Toshiba (forgot the exact model , but it was some av600) and panny le8 are both for around 29 - 30k.

My question is - has anyone had any experience on Toshiba LCD? How @ performance? How @ after sales service? Do they have adequate support? I would be buying from Pune.

Please advise.

Regards

Hi Anand,

Toshiba LCD's range is better outside india. Their picture quality is outstanding and better than Sony IMO.
I dont think they have launched any new model in india.
But considering sales, service, features and brand image in india, i suggest you to buy a Sony Bravia.

Thanks for the reply!

How would you rate Panasonic X10 compared to Sony v550?
Sony v550 price is about 43k, whereas X10 costs about 30k....
The price difference is around 13k, which I think for this segment is quite high.

Also, I can very well get Pany X15 in about the same price s sony v550. X15 has 100 Hz which would make watching cricket matches etc fun!

Thanks for the reply!

How would you rate Panasonic X10 compared to Sony v550?
Sony v550 price is about 43k, whereas X10 costs about 30k....
The price difference is around 13k, which I think for this segment is quite high.

Also, I can very well get Pany X15 in about the same price s sony v550. X15 has 100 Hz which would make watching cricket matches etc fun!

well the X10 has a IPS panel hence lower contrast compared to the sony,its image processing again won't be as good as the sonys BE3.
the X15 has the 100hz ,so fast action scenes abd 24p movies will be smoother.

Hi guys,

I am on lookout for 32" LCD TV.

I checked the Toshiba, Panasonic and Sony LCD TVs over the weekend. To be honest, I think the colors for sony are definitely good, but nearest competetion is Toshiba and Panny. In fact, some times, I felt colors of Toshiba are better that Sony!

I have seen many reviews / feedbacks @ panny lcds.
Any experience about Toshiba LCD?

They claim to have 10 bit pannel. Also, they are saying that the color processing is 6 colors (not sure whether I got it correctly).

The scroll bar on news channels was also fairly good on both panny and Toshiba (in fact I found it better than that on sony v550).

Toshiba (forgot the exact model , but it was some av600) and panny le8 are both for around 29 - 30k.

My question is - has anyone had any experience on Toshiba LCD? How @ performance? How @ after sales service? Do they have adequate support? I would be buying from Pune.

Please advise.

Regards

Hi Anand

I have the Toshiba 32 Inch CV500 series LCD TV and I am quite happy with the resolution for the price I paid as I had bought it from one of my trips to Singpaore.

Picture quality can be better then a Sony or Samsung provided you tweak the TV, it is one of the only TV that has a 3D color managment system that allows you to control indivisual hues and tones, SRS WOW Sound (the sound quality beats most of the LCD TV in its legion) 3 HDMI, althogh only HD ready it can scale and display 1080P images. Read my previous post on this:

http://www.hifivision.com/television/3169-color-management-systems-lcds.html#post30865

The AV500 series is a bit outdated and I will not recommend this model if you are buying the Toshiba stick to CV500 series currently retailing in Singapore for about INR 19,500. More detials can be found here:

REGZA

Spiderman

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back