Toshibha hd-dvd

srinisundar

Hi,

Any body in this forum is using TOSHIBHA developed HD-DVD player( Dead HD format against Bluray) and owns HD-DVD movies ???:)

Regards

I had watched a movie or two on Toshiba A30 (I think I got it right) a couple of years ago when I was in US...the format was really good...

I have a couple of HD DVDs but no player :(

Willing to let go of the discs at a fair price...or get a player at a fair price...

I had watched a movie or two on Toshiba A30 (I think I got it right) a couple of years ago when I was in US...the format was really good...

I have a couple of HD DVDs but no player :(

Willing to let go of the discs at a fair price...or get a player at a fair price...

Which movies do you have? Yes, I have a Toshiba A3. Got it for $80 or so with a bunch of free movies. It is a good player. The video quality is quite good.

Good to see somebody has HD-DVD's and used them too... Just curious about it>>> I am late into venture/recently into it after the format is dead after 2 years, but i own BD's seriously and now letting it go... Thought will replace the same with dead format with very less price and recently won the bidding in Ebay for HD-A2 along with some 100 HD-DVD movies for $175..

Yesterday got another lot 15 movies for $20 which includes Matrix triology and Bourne series for $12....

We are late to grab the format but still it is full HD:)

When this battle between Blu Ray and HD DVD was going on at that time I had an Xbox 360 with me so I also ended up buying the Xbox HD DVD external drive from play-asia.com,over a period of say 1 year I had also collected over 40 Hd-DVd titles which also included Transformers, Terminator, Shooter and many more hits of that times. One thing that was the best part of this format i.e most of the disks were hybrids i.e one side had an HD layer for playback on HD DVD player and on the other side the Disk had a normal DVD layer so the same movie could also be played onto any normal DVD player which made a lot of sense. I made a huge amout of loss on that investment of mine, as I sold them all when the format war got over. Now I have read it somewhere that even Blu Ray disks are going to come in Hybrid starting with the Jason Borne series.

Last edited:
Is it so all are hybrid which is sold in USA??? If it is so good for me, can compare the PQ/Sound of both formats especialy DTS/DTS HD- Dolby. I never knew it is hybrid.:)

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back