Towards a Simple Setup

How is tidal quality compared to apple/google music (if you have tried it)?

Tidal works on lossless stream so as such there is no comparison

Moreover roon has no Apple music or Google music integration. But many users have reported tidal sounding better his room rather then playing through its own software

For me personally tidal is not at par with local playback of 16/44 wav files but still way ahead then Apple music or Google music

Thanks just went through a post in headphonezone.in which says tidal is not formally launched in India so need to take vpn route

Does it have hindi and Indian regional languages?

I am thinking of switching from Apple subscription to a better one

Tidal works on lossless stream so as such there is no comparison

Moreover roon has no Apple music or Google music integration. But many users have reported tidal sounding better his room rather then playing through its own software

For me personally tidal is not at par with local playback of 16/44 wav files but still way ahead then Apple music or Google music

Thanks just went through a post in headphonezone.in which says tidal is not formally launched in India so need to take vpn route

Does it have hindi and Indian regional languages?

I am thinking of switching from Apple subscription to a better one

VPN just needed when registering. After taht it works just fine without any VPN
Tidal would have hindi songs but can't expect each and every one and moreover the latest ones like Apple music and Google music have
Secondly tidal hifi connection is a whopping 15 USD or more per month
So keep that in mind because price wise it's way too expensive when compared to google and Apple music

I think the looseless is 19.*$

VPN just needed when registering. After taht it works just fine without any VPN
Tidal would have hindi songs but can't expect each and every one and moreover the latest ones like Apple music and Google music have
Secondly tidal hifi connection is a whopping 15 USD or more per month
So keep that in mind because price wise it's way too expensive when compared to google and Apple music

I use TIDAL HiFi which is 16/44.1 Lossless. Sound quality is very good.

TIDAL Settings.jpg

Last edited:
You can use Singapore VPN for subscription, and you will be charged SGD 20 instead of USD. Or one can take family plan for SGD30 which can be shared by 5 people (having their own separate accounts), its analogous to a group-buy. :)

I'm in. Anyone willing to share the cost. Do you need to purchase an equipment, internet connection to stream?

Hey Nikhil,
Are you still having the Amber in the main setup? Did you try to take it out again after the tube rolling? Maybe merely to retest the DAC in the Job INTegrated?
Couldn't help but think of the Job with panditji's Lyngdorf all in one being discussed currently :).

Hey Nikhil,
Are you still having the Amber in the main setup? Did you try to take it out again after the tube rolling? Maybe merely to retest the DAC in the Job INTegrated?
Couldn't help but think of the Job with panditji's Lyngdorf all in one being discussed currently :).

Hi Rajiv,

For the most part I am using the Job INT direct.
Last month I did put back the Amber into the chain but I have to admit I like the sound direct.

The Amber provides the tube wetness but the Job INT is better with the direct digital connect.

Regards.

Back