Towards a Simple Setup

Nikhil

Staff member
I have been looking to simplify my setup for some time and had been on the lookout for a good quality integrated. My search took some interesting turns as I looked around for gear that would satisfy my taste in sound. I've finally found the answer in the Goldmund Job INT Integrated which has been singing in my place for just over two months.

All I can say is that the sound is simply awesome. I would highly recommend this amp to anyone looking to simplify their setups or on the lookout for a high quality second setup. The Job INT combines an Integrated with an internal DAC - making it a phenomenal saving of three boxes for someone moving from separates like I was. My Acoustic Portrait Pre Power and Lampizator are sitting idle. Believe it or not - no drop in performance at all.

Setup%20May%202016.jpg

Review: 6moons audioreviews: Job Sys INTegrated Amp

I couldn't do a better job at describing/reviewing the INT than already has been done by Srajan Ebaen. It is everything the review says it is and has been given a Blue Moon award. In the past two months I simply haven't found anything to fault it on sound quality.

The only "negative" is the limited options on inputs - USB, Optical Toslink (or) Digitial Coax (with Toslink getting auto priority). Direct digital via USB/Coax is the way to go. The Analog Input is no slouch but the digital Inputs are better.

Don't be fooled by the low tech website. Job Audio is a legitimate Goldmund company.
The INT comes from the same facilities that manufacture the legendary Goldmund gear in Geneva, Switzerland.

-

Last edited:
Good going, Nikhil. Thanks for the honest opinion.
It is great to know that simpler setups can be equally rewarding.
Enjoy the music. That's what it is all about.

Sure. Didn't realize you had ties to Hyderabad.
Do you visit on work?

Regards.

No, parents shuttle between Hyderabad and Bangalore (depending on the weather/time of the year). Grew up in Bangalore. I was in Hyderabad a few weeks back visiting the folks.

Congrats, the Job is a fine amplifier indeed. Had the pleasure of listening to it some time back with Sonus Fabers......sounded very good.

Enjoy!!!

Great going Nikhil. I think keeping it simple has a lot of advantages.

Thanks Prem! One power cord, one USB cable and one pair of Speaker cables.
To say that it has made things simple is an understatement.
I do feel that there are benefits from the reduced complexity.

Good going, Nikhil. Thanks for the honest opinion.
It is great to know that simpler setups can be equally rewarding.
Enjoy the music. That's what it is all about.

Rajiv, the INT is freaking awesome.

Good choice Nikhil, enjoy!

Thanks George! I was pretty close to going the vintage route.
Perhaps something to keep for later on in the journey!

Congrats, the Job is a fine amplifier indeed. Had the pleasure of listening to it some time back with Sonus Fabers......sounded very good.

Enjoy!!!

Thanks. Is there a Job amplifier in Pune? Great to hear that.

I've been asked some questions on the sound of the INT.
In short the answer is FAST WIDE BANDER coupled with some DSP magic.
This video by Michel Reverchon of Goldmund does a great job of describing their approach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjF2O9lbddg

The circuit on all Job amps are to my knowledge the same across all Goldmund products. Implementations vary across models of course, but the basic circuit is the same. Goldmund has some phenomenal expertise in the area.

Nice going Nikhil. The is something to be said on the principle of the shortest signal path with quality components. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back