Tower speakers question

Wael Hamed

Hello to all...
I have always been a music enthusiast ever since I remember myself, and am basically interested in rock and classical music, but have always relied on headphones and computer speakers since almost all of my music is now in mp3 format.
Now I want to upgrade to good active tower speakers I can directly connect to my MP3 player. I don’t want to go beyond this, really. Mostly I listen to my music in my medium size study but iccasiyneed to play it in parties of maybe 20 people or so.
My budget is up to 30 thousand rupees, and maybe just slightly more.
What speakers do you suggest in terms of quality/ price ratio for my purposes and within my budget?
Thank you in advance!

Hello Wael, my suggestion would be to go for Amp+Towers or Amp+Bookshelves+Subwoofer combination.
Subwoofer is recommended if you listen to deep base music, else bookshelves/towers with decent base driver should suffice.
I might be wrong but I am not sure you would find good active towers in the price range.
Highly recommend you audition before buying to suit your listening needs!

Hello to all...
I have always been a music enthusiast ever since I remember myself, and am basically interested in rock and classical music, but have always relied on headphones and computer speakers since almost all of my music is now in mp3 format.
Now I want to upgrade to good active tower speakers I can directly connect to my MP3 player. I don’t want to go beyond this, really. Mostly I listen to my music in my medium size study but iccasiyneed to play it in parties of maybe 20 people or so.
What speakers do you suggest in terms of quality/ price ratio for my purposes and within my budget?
Thank you in advance!
@Wael Hamed
For 30K budget , I would suggest you may consider below options
(1) Good Amp like Norge gold 1000, Not sure new rates but they were 15K when I checked last. Very decent quality in reasonable price
(2) Good quality pre-loved bookselves speakers (like Dali Z3, QA 3020i, IndiqAudio or similar ).
This would be very decent setup for the requirement you mentioned and most importantly without compromising overall SQ.

You may also do some search in this forum and get feedback for above gears

Hello to all...
Thank you in advance!
Hi Wael, it will be difficult to get a good pair of active towers for 30K and its whereabouts. However, there are some good bookshelf options in the price range.

The Q Acoustics M20HD is a fantastic place to start - it has very good sound quality, you can connect it directly to your phone via aux or bluetooth (there is a good possibility that SQ over bluetooth would be better than connecting your phone directly through aux), your computer via USB and last but not the least, your TV/gaming console any other CD/DVD player via Optical. While its output is somewhat limited by its size, it is loud enough in a medium sized room to satisfy all but the most hardcore headbangers... Until you add a subwoofer (it has subwoofer out as well) after which, you can be assured of a few heads rolling.

If you are willing to trade a few connectivity options such as USB in and Subwoofer out, the Hivi Swans D1090 is also a good option. It is not as refined as the Q Acoustics M20HD but being larger, it goes much louder with stronger bass which digs all the way down to 38hz (i must admit i haven't measured the M20 HD yet but it does have satisying bass output). In fact, its bass is almost floorstander like and pressurises a 200-300 sq. ft. room easily. Having said that, since there is no subwoofer out, you don't have the option of adding a subwoofer easily unless you add a preamp/amplifier/AVR with a sub out

Its also worth bearing in mind that the Q acoustics M20HD has a very different presentation to the Swans D1090. The M20HD has a relaxed easy going presentation which is on the warmer and lusher side of things whereas the Swans D1090 is an edgier performer that has attack but is neutral in its tonality.

Last edited:
@Wael Hamed - You might be hard pressed to find active towers in your budget unless you go with something like these -

or

MIND YOU - these might not have the greatest Sound Quality. They might get very loud with room shaking bass, but MAY or MAYNOT sound great to your ears. However if these satisfy your needs - Chroma near you should store them and you can perhaps visit a them and hear these or similar models in your budget.

**A simple piece of advice - if you are not willing to go the separates route just yet (amp + speakers) and would rather keep it simple and active - if possible, look at some active bookshelves, like QA M20HD, Edifiers, Presonus, M-Audiuo, Kali Audio, Yamaha and maybe later add a decent cheap subwoofer to the setup to help the speakers and round off the entire sound. This might not strictly fit in your budget but atleast you can step up slowly.

+1 on that M20 recommendation. I own one and I'm super happy with them for the price. They will keep me happy for years to come.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back