Tracing The PeeCeeBee

A fresh CRC PSU to power the PeeCeeBees (or any other amplifier) and also protect the speakers at the same time, is here!!! :)

OFa-nt_AQN36clmH4LTSfyany4oE97t27olBLtV5koiMotJXE7PEULV0rFCP_jV72Sgawibts-W37-2C6V0=w1024
Hi Shaan,

What's the launch date?

It would save lot of wire mess.

Regards,
Nishant

Sent from my MotoG3-TE using Tapatalk

Hi Nishant.

The design is ready however what remains to be done is to test the prototypes for final error checking, doing some measurements and fine tuning. Launch date - I'm rooting for Christmas, if not before.

Yup it will decrease the spaghetti factor significantly.

A few more details:

It will have rail headers for powering two channels, connecting two speaker return cables and a chassis ground. So, just the required absolute basics. One can also use it solely as a PSU by not populating the speaker protection segments. All mounting holes will be plated but fully isolated from all rails. There will be provision for reservoir capacitors with 10mm and 22.5mm pitch, as well as 5mm and 7mm pitched film caps at output.

There will be fuses at rail outputs in the release version, i.e. they will be after the capacitor bank, not before. This may seem potentially problematic as some amplifiers tend to output DC if both rail fuses don't blow during a fault. However, the speaker protection segments take care of that and no dangerous DC voltage will ever see the speakers. Having the fuses after the capacitors also means that one can use the lowest ampere rated fuses that suites an amplifier for basic short circuit protection increasing reliability, without having the fuses blown during capacitor charging inrush current.

One more week of waiting for the V4H prototypes. :)

Thought this might interest some.
Here is a THD simulation of the upcoming V4H, traced 1000 cycles with 1uS steps. 1KHz 260WRMS into 4R.

0.007%

The James Bond PeeCeeBee? :D ;)

KKawDsp2Z4UmhOTW631nsNAmREQnHJCLdK1S3oVk20Fg6c8D0YkNHw1kmEIpYAhRzYwNVJZSJ7UF8FnoSCE=w1600

Last edited:
Hi Rajesh. In this cold?!!! o_O
Sorry I wish I could be more swift.

Your six giveaway PCBs are patiently awaiting your call. Looking forward to see you there soon.:)

Hi Rajesh. In this cold?!!! o_O
Sorry I wish I could be more swift.

Your six giveaway PCBs are patiently awaiting your call. Looking forward to see you there soon.:)
Yes, I was awaiting this group buy as well. Replying on the other thread so that you can count me on the group buy. Didn't I forget to congratulate you! Hearty Congratulations.

Thanks! I like designing classy stuff. :)

V4H experiments helped PeeCeeBee's Class-AB performance and sonics at 100mA bias cross an important milestone - near zero crossover distortion, usually predominantly attributed to P-P Class-A amplifiers.

As a result, now it sounds classy too.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back