Tracing The PeeCeeBee

We has komponents. :D

UEYdKNqf7uvYjpu-omvXWISi-r0nOqej13Ultot77wCVqg0LueZgNQxCRLqLDkJ6yLDa3w4ifYgbwIs=w1200

IcKFJkxtfP0MILUEviKO5e0bxGSum_i771YeL_yaBC8K3mZkkTdVhzEjx6jcoMkJnmuZAFWKabgb628=w1200

QVgbDJPBa11HnuYaIEi4DUznNI7li7_xmJMor3u-krFQAVFWzKTP_eAJiGn7Rzolo5SrpcWmeLTmBbM=w1200

invlDyUtUANafk2ODMZC7se9h_3wc0NYKhsa9dgGrG3DKDMaG3C_pCBqyjYYZabjvIL-ahuek-hjzQM=w1200

ao624JCAnvCaJQOtEbJVnM9LUssFPmChRG8OP7wpMxN95knWzKfpgN_1ML7PI3TyV9aAaL3W5-f3Fyo=w1200

RGsG0gRQ1gEs1sRIsg8XaNItnH-aKI7BSf_94SZoy-JcaZWysWmB9cgGPEBTyUPFusvPPOm2Z_u7UbE=w1200

TlEuP4wnJiRgAOI_Mrj120APEMCC8nLbyQOlXuAcLrXRSOGIA6hsPsgubk7tc8ESOHcY0kRktUEB9_s=w1200

Looks really good. What are the power ratings and costs for a fully built unit? Any plans of staying a group buy or something? I remember you mentioning the v4 in our last conversation.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Congrats Shaan!
Nice work. Black looks very attractive. I am reminded of ASROCK motherboard. Wish, caps were GOLD.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

Wish, caps were GOLD.

This is just one of the prototypes. There will be gold and silver all over when the batch arrives. :D

Looks really good. What are the power ratings and costs for a fully built unit? Any plans of staying a group buy or something? I remember you mentioning the v4 in our last conversation.

MaSh

Power is same as V3 i.e. 50W/8ohm and 100W/4ohm. I can't post cost details due to forum rules. There will be a PCB group buy in diyAudio if enough interest arises. So if you are interested then please drop a post mentioning the same in the PeeCeeBee thread in diyAudio.

Thank you. :)

Looks like it is made with clinical hygiene. Gorgeous!

:lol:

Thanks I tried as much as I could to keep the gloss intact. Ooh shiny!!!

It's been two hours since it was powered up and it's still playing one track after another and it sounds FAR from clinical, thankfully. It has that special touch that all PeeCeeBees share, smooth effortless highs with exceptional mid-range/vocal.

One word "FANTASTIC !!". Great build Shaan...

It's a thing of beauty. Stunning work Shaan.

Thanks. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Power is same as V3 i.e. 50W/8ohm and 100W/4ohm. I can't post cost details due to forum rules. There will be a PCB group buy in diyAudio if enough interest arises. So if you are interested then please drop a post mentioning the same in the PeeCeeBee thread in diyAudio.

Thank you. :)
Ahhh okay. Thanks. Commercial threads not allowed here? I do see group buy threads here, maybe something different. I am not a member on that forum, could you just put in a line here when a group buy is on?

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Ahhh okay. Thanks. Commercial threads not allowed here? I do see group buy threads here, maybe something different. I am not a member on that forum, could you just put in a line here when a group buy is on?

MaSh

Sure no problem.

In the meantime, why don't you create a profile on diyAudio too? Its a fun place to say the very least.

Last edited:
:.........it sounds FAR from clinical, thankfully. It has that special touch that all PeeCeeBees share, smooth effortless highs with exceptional mid-range/vocal.
Now this is the "meat". :D

Bass????

The "potatoes" are things like shine and hygiene etc in a PCB especially when it's going into a case where it is destined to stay invisible.

Now this is the "meat". :D

Bass????

Post#2388

The "potatoes" are things like shine and hygiene etc in a PCB especially when it's going into a case where it is destined to stay invisible.

I have had orders from outside India for the previous versions of PeeCeeBee. But considering similar offerings from abroad, I couldn't take the risk of sending a single PCB. The boards are perfectly okay in their purpose, but the appearance somehow felt "below par". This has been taken care of in V4.

All that said, I agree that the "potatoes" are hidden so generally not much point going crazy about them. :)

You mean Post # 2378, right? :D I'll check the follow up to # 2388 when you post your impressions.

I have had orders from outside India for the previous versions of PeeCeeBee. But considering similar offerings from abroad, I couldn't take the risk of sending a single PCB. The boards are perfectly okay in their purpose, but the appearance somehow felt "below par". This has been taken care of in V4.

All that said, I agree that the "potatoes" are hidden so generally not much point going crazy about them. :)
Oh, I like and appreciate a work of "art" but only if one is going to show it off often and if it can be admired constantly.

Shaan,

Did you assemble and play it in stereo? How good was it. How is the bass response of this circuit, say, compared to tpa3116d2.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Shaan,

Did you assemble and play it in stereo?

Yup (see here).

How good was it.

It is extremely good. Much ahead of its previous versions in terms or SQ.

How is the bass response of this circuit, say, compared to tpa3116d2

Bass is better than anything I have heard before. I haven't heard that particular Class-D amp but comparing to LM3886 (similarly powered) low frequency performance is much better.

:)

That's great. How much does a fully assembled board cost? I will need two boards for stereo, right?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back