Tracing The PeeCeeBee

Hello brothers.

Designing a new PSU for both the 90w and 250w peeceebees. The question is, should I keep the bridge rectifier on board or off board. Input requested.

I have a stereo set of peeceebee's that I got from shaan few weeks back which is in tge process of being built. The same day he cme over with his built amp so that I get idea of what is to be expected, even after I told him that I already have an idea what it is supposed to sound like, still he insisted and came over and gave me a chance to listen to his marvelous amp. Which I must say is a completely awesome amp, which you cant judge by its small size.

I hope mine will sound the same, and thanks shaan for everything

ps : my pestering you still hasn't started yet, beware.

Last Sunday I had a chance to test the amp into a pair of Turnberry GRs at Pratimda's place (username- pratimbayal). It was a pleasurable experience. We listened for 4 hours straight and throughout the speakers sounded absolutely fantastic with the amp (these speakers are inherently great sounding of course). My own speakers aren't nearly as sensitive as these so I wondered what would be noise/hum performance and so I kept putting my ear close to the tannoy drivers between tracks. It was evident that the amp is dead silent with no signal at input. The split ground for input section pays. :yahoo::)

Completed the PeeCeeBee v3... Thanks Shaan for giving us this beautiful amp! This is one of the best sounding amp I've ever made. Here are a small story on my journey and some details about the amp.

Here I would like to share something about myself. I'm basically a ChipAmp guy and never comfortable with transistors and/mosfet design and Im not fascinated about any brand or dont go by other peoples opinion because its subjective and variable. So I always prefer which sounds good to me only.

I was following the PeeCeeBee thread for quiet long time in DIYA but was not fascinated about because it was not a ChipAmp. But after getting a lot of positive feedback and review and comparison with similar design I contacted Shaan to get some more info on that. A couple of months ago I went to Shaans place for an audition and I was quite amazed by the sonic of this little board so instantly I ordered a stereo kit for my personal use in spite of lots of negative feedback from some of my local friend (though it is very well regarded design and running from a long time in DIYA)

Its a very small and simple circuit to build, also it takes no time to set up and adjust properly. It will take hardly a couple of hours to assemble all the components and make it sing. One of the best part of the design is the sonic quality doesnt depends on any fancy and/or audio-grade passive components. Though Ive used Panasonic FM and AM series caps but didnt notice any difference.

The sonic was absolutely flat and dynamic. Bass response was superb deep and tight, mids and highs are awesome may be the best part of the amp and the transparency was very good IMHO even some complex tracks are also performing excellent. There is no hum or noise even without proper grounding when we were testing the board.

Though there is a negative in this design also. I cannot get the full potential of the amp when Im driving it from my mobile may be because of the input impedance (Shhan can say the tecnical details of the design). So would prefer a preamp and/or buffer before it. Lets see if Shaan could do anything about a matched preamp!

Here are some pictures of my PeeCeeBee v3:

https://postimg.org/image/ac2ju0k5d/

https://postimg.org/image/6d8ysoqqv/

https://postimg.org/image/snkshdt35/

https://postimg.org/image/m6wrb9qmv/

https://postimg.org/image/6yelf72dt/

https://postimg.org/image/cgf08hv0h/

https://postimg.org/image/dy6xr17pz/

Last edited:
I cannot get the full potential of the amp when Im driving it from my mobile may be because of the input impedance (Shhan can say the tecnical details of the design). So would prefer a preamp and/or buffer before it. Lets see if Shaan could do anything about a matched preamp!

Its input impedance is 10Kohm so might put some sources into agony. A preamp with gain of 2-3 is most welcome.

P.S. Working on a preamp suitable for these amps, along with a PSU module and... V4 - the next Ground-Breaking PeeCeeBee :lol:

Its input impedance is 10Kohm so might put some sources into agony. A preamp with gain of 2-3 is most welcome.

P.S. Working on a preamp suitable for these amps, along with a PSU module and... V4 - the next Ground-Breaking PeeCeeBee [emoji38]
Thanks Shaan for the update on your new development...[emoji106] [emoji106]

Can you please explain your development in case if you have no problem?

Preamp: discreet or opamp based; only preamp or with buffer? Can you please also include a usable tone control along with a bypass switch with it if possible? Now a lots of people may or may not like the idea of having a tone control with their amp but there shouldnt be any harm if you include it with a bypass switch.

PSU: is it a normal or crc type or anything special?

V4: what are the new feature of V4. As v3 is already a great amp why I should ditch v3 for it.

Anyways count me for the preamp and V4 and psu.[emoji4]

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Relevant and timely support from Shaan for the v3 Amp build.

Swapped the power amp module of eight audio with v3.
Used the existing pre amp ,LS on/off module and DC power supply.Hence
the view looks similar to my previous post but the power amp module is different.

Will try to post comments later .

Attachments

• 20160814_131019.jpg
    20160814_131019.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 145
Preamp: discreet or opamp based; only preamp or with buffer?

Discrete. No buffer(no need).

Can you please also include a usable tone control along with a bypass switch with it if possible? Now a lots of people may or may not like the idea of having a tone control with their amp but there shouldnt be any harm if you include it with a bypass switch.

Yes.

PSU: is it a normal or crc type or anything special?

Normal, but fuses placed at the right places. :D

V4: what are the new feature of V4. As v3 is already a great amp why I should ditch v3 for it.

V4 specs and features will be released at launch. It's going to be marginally more complex. No nees to ditch v3 as considering size vs specs, v3 has everything peeceebee has to offer. :)

Discrete. No buffer(no need).

Yes.

Normal, but fuses placed at the right places. :D

V4 specs and features will be released at launch. It's going to be marginally more complex. No nees to ditch v3 as considering size vs specs, v3 has everything peeceebee has to offer. :)
Thanks Shaan for the clarifications. I'm really excited about the preamp+tc as there is no good tc is available. I'm sure that your all of upcoming design (preamp+tc, v4 etc.) will be as good as your all the previous version of peeceebee (specially v3). Wish u best of luck for your upcoming products. Till then only waiting.... [emoji4]

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Hello people.
A full-fledged baby V2 has been born! :D

Uu4jtFiFV6eijb2W-4JIpFncPtM6Sq8XtC-WowiKUCyZRWJ33dmiJ8PuDMq23WidunUoSyFceXeK8UkfSOHDY4JqxHitQzz0_UchrOvwZbRPxW-7_Gwtj__aeXkR_InezMNl1prGc_eqPKofq1YLLbHdfjpy1Bn55Ov9u5YN4pcMS-fVmWCWteE70QtKNcD_mdhmz5BT-9ZG2aoXqCYKsT7FBEfc4aqAXfHKD1QDj1c8dJ6BJaSnL3ih3cOnYlZTx_iyTloKnbsQz6LNkIx3-URE4FhTMgHuY56icGTRyZZXkDnpw2d3BpHMP9NLyPirBnGCVkL5h7_XAGJCLaxZt8aWGaKwtoov35xaOhlpNaalwQI72eltV0khSpHMts0atAeD3peyER2KRMeHWLPvEpPwZmkh1FbKGbkwlhZQSkFZKdjMuz-TvvD1EnvetNE4YMPHFk3C3KQyVpLg63cUYFk2R5oJG52p0KICyEAS3A19dbPfs5bUUAMPMKon9IQybZvOSeedqfXn2Y8TtGvhw5RtpwVkiYN_uTwoazHCufO4QfLluigt0syxX9H4hpjiZDVOhtJJrRimJ0_pU49sP2h79g4Kq5uOlSB-9GAaNatiy10WSQ=w826-h619-no

yiyIGV7hQ_CfCjWui8acuQ9fq9JVUC-RcnBjneLmyr0PIL-1eUUVl01WDhShRjM-9aHiJYHLpFtlFhuj9g1PmmvEN2CZ7-J34J6runfJLF1B1D-rSn6nEDm33UfM6KYFoP32sIvb3nqDdhl35EMQuqdaYJfaFRAKHRPCd-El9u5PTta_nSWGTGNmF610vTv1W7WRGz2Thii57sLm3O6k-m-tC0RLxeOfxDbQwj1nW7CnTARF9ImRKfDBLxukXPrLKkYe9Ss-ZOe01tKwyrmi-I1WYNkDqDsARTUbpI6wyiRb4lE4fNejNDz1iuteZYa5P3PourkXVHKAbt28sBUQ9w6xIOWMkeHrdh8xuYzl0igSMV4Oj0D41oz0JuI82zzCpTbfZdh41QfP144o2YxakBwR8wK8dvAt5qImFe8Z2Q6ta8R_2ZHYeMB48OUba2STFxQGPtBMUd4BgE6TsAroCQ49UzuRKF1nBLux6vhaAFlzrsLs9SL8AopBoriR9kXBAILANlsl8hBmvhxxzygFQR96gzXXKq3p1z34bmLNWstE_oKDIgkgUJ6u-nc-v0wamIaozxOcKPjolf-juwfjrPFMSSsEvt0NhUng4RJwIsuvnJIGCw=w826-h619-no

eDDAhJsVSApW43CR9Q3PDjycmgnipuRNcSMLZv-PtsJyAqUaynvT0rH8q9gR6qvsxSYcN5xXjdiRp8Jmn0owsUJM81zMMMuxO2Ifo0rWUyXzLdbFJDcUFSyeRiS-I4T_BRj59aNn7S_wbW-Pdgv-GztQtjcyuiRF-_Z6G7qkw3JLsAxno5uh1nfP7kxfrbWoVpYK2GdvlXZQcNsbHEQPmV9tU4Rj0fPmADUbFodDN_IlX4Zue-2Aw5MB3cPrpzgtuf0Zf274tabiDKYNlDOG3qFwlduV7JJeD1u-POmAPrpSn4-0QQe-zJciex52tFJHw2GlSbMEDdN5OaS5Z68WhszRa8viL05TDcV08Lx9nXXtzd-nG_033ekiCHEJknV58xUfWtBwK5zp_afO8caaw3_bxcrsNgbNA-FNUgQQoN0he5VgLVFpou9Cbu-nNnEw3YqwPV6QXe5ZRStTNPmwgOET_vH1WBGiUbmTQxxdWEUId_h5LZQ-P1UQEqdE31XPE6_64Ierggx2EHJchQiDRWPNtnjhP1yc1pdHojFtqNCFE2djA8LdTzcH3Dt6T3t-cRDyy_ISM8JAEQD34cbhMjnQhESzFyqz9RhvjY5pJtvGLorN9Q=w1102-h619-no

TcDOASNBm3FWW3BJ0bjhxbvOlKzjjaQRFJWc9QqbcCeCCE5uG_mh8nLl-j6yW27E6DGRqkbpPkRLgjWoHBxxZ8Giha8TwQqIAuOgru6K_yiuyaijoTPWQ2oT7mkNbSn5Z3Whn9AlespbA2xbbrhLWIwbAKRTX4dhVaAEaaYTt8FUJJDMkUcZ15PS5khWfIZSKyWhLwGovPO2ZIReef7KVlG8b2VZ7LGZbbybwfwpic06ELn-KDBSa7NaVnajVadRJ_kVZ_RsHuSxj9rCbJ6Fblf6Kvg-NgJ-dCdIlLksNyqdSGvQGqGEM_OjfzGLw2NVpZhGw6rlccN5gJFGyl5bU2sXK08bqANPEiv0_O2FlnGmo0o9tznqbxPslEbUK5gk8oKLnVn1ULKskFKZy6J7_hHKxD6fnz-aurBdwgiTpqq-pVNZuI9k4aA6UdzvZvkUPizPomhgBt2UgCn-Xbujbgm_8HX5Kntk84aM3dwnn0VUrBo3X1Ccd4n3yd_77Db5NmhGGmqJ6Wh5l7CrbRhBCyrdMwZbiD4y2aArR02wm3ECUwPv6YUpDipsz1Zk9uPom-jlL5r4MzSnalwTsSjrEmnuLVmW6jMGhZ6vUr1MKclMpLWxbQ=w1101-h619-no

Thanks all4music.

Its going to fellow forum member subro99 who gave me full freedom with the cabinet.

p.s. - More coming... ;)

Looking Beautiful Shaan.. One Suggestion though. It would be better if you would had make a counter hole & insert the Head of LN bolt to match the surface of top wooden cover.

Sorry for bad English.. I hope u may have understood what i meant to say ...:D

Sadik

Thanks Omishra and Sadik.

@Sadik
I understand. That was initially my plan, to sink the hex bolt heads in the wood. It may have looked better. However i kept them head-up like that for they made the amp look sturdy and kinda adds some industrial flavour to it. Also in case something else (like another amp or preamp) is placed over the top the hex heads will prevent it from touching the top wood of the amps while allowing for a cardboard or acrylic plate to be placed on the four heads and then placing any other stuff on it, keeping the top plate's polish intact.

Last edited:
Looking very good!!!

kinda adds some industrial flavour to it.
I agree. In fact, it would have looked better if those bolts were also at the 4 corners of the face plate. I've got a "thing" for Allen bolts. :D

Last edited:
Thanks Keith. :)

I wanted to have four of them in the front too but the front is a couple shades darker than the top plate. For this when I held the bolts on the front the black heads didn't seem to stand out enough. So cancelled the idea. Will try to implement it in my next build.

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back