Tracing The PeeCeeBee

How does it look?

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

;):)

Thought so too. Let me make some time to visit you and get one pair of pcb for myself.

PS : Bhaskar Da from kolkata was asking about you. Are you in whatsapp? Which number is active?

Thought so too. Let me make some time to visit you and get one pair of pcb for myself.

PS : Bhaskar Da from kolkata was asking about you. Are you in whatsapp? Which number is active?

Hi Saheb.

Come anytime. :)

How is Bhaskar da? I won't forget the vinyl experience I had in his home 3 years ago! He's a genuine music lover. Will try to make time for one more time!!! Please convey him my deepest regards.

Sorry I don't have whatsapp. :(

Here are the distortion spectrum and FR curve for the V2, measured into 10R load.

V2%2525201K%2525203VPP.jpg

V2%2525201K%25252010VPP.jpg

V2%2525201K%25252030VPP.jpg

V2%252520FR.jpg

Pic 1 - 3VPP
Pic 2 - 10VPP
Pic 3 - 30VPP
Pic 4 - Audio range frequency response

A bit of surprise, THD is less than the V1.1 at lower power levels. I don't match the FETs, only the input and VAS. Again, it seems the MJE trannies are better than the BDs when THD is considered. But the noise grass is higher with the MJEs, though the amplifier under test is DEAD silent at the speaker.

And about the FR curve, the attenuation in the lower and higher octaves are the artifacts of the soundcard's internal FR limitations. As can be seen, the response is flat.

I also measured its output impedance yesterday and found it to be 20mohms.:yahoo:

Cheers!
shaan

Hello People!:)

The best sounding version of PeeCeeBee is here!!

Meet the V3!!!

DSC05286.JPG

DSC05290.JPG

DSC05289.JPG

DSC05272.JPG

These will be available as bare PCBs, Kits and fully assembled and tested modules.
cheers.

Last edited:
Thanks. Today assembled another channel. Will have a listening in stereo after dinner! ^^

Hello guys!
Had been with the V3 for about a fortnight alongside the other versions.

It has that fast, clear and transparent sound typical of the PeeCeeBees. Lacks none of the sonic qualities of the V1.1 and V2.
Tight lowest octaves and crystal clean highest octaves with no ill effect on the mid-bass to mid-high zone i.e. the vocals.
Least noise/hum among all three versions with my typical PSU (no cap-multiplier or regulation).

The following spectrum was captured while driving 1K 30VPP sine into a 10R resistive load. As can be seen, least distortion among the three new versions.

10R%2B1K%2B20VPP.png

Last edited:
The V3 is now ready as PCB, Kit and complete amplifier board.

Last edited by a moderator:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back