Triangle Antal EZ review

Thank you Sir for the very professional review.

While comparison with ATC SCM 11 speakers was good, could you pl share your comparison with your main system speakers as well i.e Ascendo c8R now and Harbeth SHL earlier. I know they are at different price points but would surely guide someone about the upgrade directions.

Nice one Sidvee. it its nice that Triangles are still known for what they were so many years back ie speed of presentation !

Thank you Sir for the very professional review.

While comparison with ATC SCM 11 speakers was good, could you pl share your comparison with your main system speakers as well i.e Ascendo c8R now and Harbeth SHL earlier. I know they are at different price points but would surely guide someone about the upgrade directions.

Thanks Kvm. Reason I did not compare to the Ascendo C8R is obviously because of the 4 times price difference. All I can say that a better comparision to the Ascendo C8r would be the Signature series which are above the Antal which I heard in the show and they sounded excellent. Regarding the Harbeth SHL5, it is over 1 year since I sold those speakers, so I can just quote from memory, and also consider the Shl5 is approximately double the price. The Shl5 are overall warmer speakers compared to the Antal. The Antals will be more detailed in their presentation, secondly the antal would be more forward relative to the Harbeth. In treble, perhaps the Harbeth would be slightly smoother with the use of a tweeter/supertweeter combo. In bass I think the Antals would be deeper and tighter, and in pace and timing I think also the Antals would be better. They would perhaps be equal in the imaging and staging, perhaps the Harbeths would be slightly better. In conclusion the Antals are very good. I enjoyed them thoroughly.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
I think if one is planning to audition the Triangle Antal EZ and is perhaps looking for roughly similar priced competition available in India they need to consider:
1. B&W 683s2
2. Spendor A5/A6
3. Tannoy definition/revolution series
4. Some of the Dali options - Opticon/Rubicon
etc.
Each will sound different and will appeal to ones own subjective preference.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back