Triband plan change, don't see any difference..

akshaye

Hi Guys,
as you already know that MTNL has already dubbled their speed for existing users. I had 256kbps unlimited plan for 999rs/month which is now updated with 512 kbps with the same cost. But I noticed that there is no difference in speed. I went to exchange and checked there, but they showed me that they have changed it to 512kbps. Please see attached my speed test.

the speed test result is showing the same result when I had 256kbps plan. Can guys help on this since I think I am not getting benefit which MTNL is offering.

Hi Rijo, can you help on this..? I read that you had the same plan before. Does net connection through USB make the net run slow, since when I connect through LAN my internet wont work, (I tried for it so many times by changing the cables for so many times..) Does speed get more through LAN..?

Thanks in advance...

Hi,

Do understand that the mentioned upload/download speeds are from your modem to the ISP node and NOT the actual speeds to the internet.

Broadband is often designed in an oversubscribed manner; they assume not all subscribers in a pool would be using the service in a single go, this saves the company some cost.

The challenge here is that if more customers than the average expected uses the service you'd notice a performance degradation.

Further, you may test your line and check for any noise which could be affecting your throughput.

Finally, 512kbps service does not necessarily guarantee the throughput!

Thanks,

Nitin.

Hi Guys,
as you already know that MTNL has already dubbled their speed for existing users. I had 256kbps unlimited plan for 999rs/month which is now updated with 512 kbps with the same cost. But I noticed that there is no difference in speed. I went to exchange and checked there, but they showed me that they have changed it to 512kbps. Please see attached my speed test.

the speed test result is showing the same result when I had 256kbps plan. Can guys help on this since I think I am not getting benefit which MTNL is offering.

Hi Rijo, can you help on this..? I read that you had the same plan before. Does net connection through USB make the net run slow, since when I connect through LAN my internet wont work, (I tried for it so many times by changing the cables for so many times..) Does speed get more through LAN..?

Thanks in advance...

Hi,

Which site are you downloading the files from. To see the max download speed given by your connection download any file from ADOBE's or MICROSOFT's website and do not use any download managers for that test.
Through this you can get the correct download speed of your connection. And I personally dont trust those METERS.

cheers.

with MTNL/BSNL you usually face these kinds of problems for the 1st month.. which is usually due to the fact that the plan gets updated in a months time.. check the link to test whether ur plan has actually been updated:
http://register.mtnldelhi.in/servlet/MyAccountLogin

Also if your plan has actually been updated.. then the change of your internet speed depends whether the profile for your number has been updated at the MTNL NOC. In your case as there has been no official request to the customer care(1504), i suppose nobody would have cared to update the profile..but that is only a hunch..
I remember migrating from 256kbps to 512kbps and took me more than a month to get my profile updated at the NOC.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back