Tribute to Pandit Birju Maharaj

Satyaki Banerjee

The world has today lost the greatest proponent of Indian Classical Music and Dance forms Padma Vibhushan Pandit Birju Maharaj. A Legend in the field of Kathak, One of the greatest Ghazal and Thumri vocalists and a Maestro musician. It has been a great honour and privilege for me and my family to have been blessed in person by this great man. We pray for his soul to rest in peace.

IMG-20220117-WA0038.jpgIMG-20220117-WA0039.jpgIMG-20220117-WA0040.jpg

Maharaj ji's contribution towards Indian culture is second to none. He was also such a learned tabla player apart from being a master dancer and musician . A complete performer . May his divine soul get mukti

It has been a day reflecting on the great time we spent with legendary Pandit Birju Maharaj. We have had the privilege of watching him composing ghazals and new kathak steps while playing the tabla. What a legend..

IMG-20220117-WA0043.jpgIMG-20220117-WA0042.jpg

Such sad news to hear of his passing.

A happy memory for me, one day in London, where I sneaked into his workshop that day and watched...

sashwati%2BBM%2BNH1-retouched.jpg

Kamal Haasan once told me he is deeply grateful to pandit Maharaj ji for his career success as his dancing got him the required impetus to orbit him to superstardom. He served pandit Birju Maharaj ji personally to learn some of the moves that requires elegance grace and poise.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back