Trick to keep your receiver cool...

Tried it out, but the stupid Pioneer amp immediately goes into USB mode the moment I plug in the USB device. Then I have to manually change the mode every time I want to start seeing a movie or hear music !!! So the Rs 75 power to usb was a better option :eek:hyeah:

Also why not just plug the cooler to the USB port of the amp if it has one.

I had earlier suggested the same idea to someone who had heating issues with his AVR. Dont know if he tried it or not.. Avidyarty is right. Sucking out air is the right way. Blowing air into it may take the heat from the sink and pump it on other parts and heat them up...

Thanks for all the advise folks, I just turned around the cooler master to blow the air out and it seems to be doing a good job.

err ... did I say any different?
BTW, humidity is of no concern, and CANNOT be addressed at all. Whether it is a blow-thru system or draw-thru, humidity has to go in ... either ways. It is pure heat .... how to dissipate it more effectively ...

As I said in my earlier posts to Rishiguru Avidyarthy knows how to blow air! Blows my mind!!

Last edited by a moderator:
As I said in my earlier posts to Rishiguru Avidyarthy knows how to blow air! Blows my mind!!

so avid is a blowing expert who blows your..... mind? ummm

(no offenses meant... just fun guys)

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys are wacked out:eek:hyeah::eek:hyeah:
... It started with blowing air to cool a AVR and now its gone down to Blowing everything else but the AVR

simply bought one laptop cooling pad from reliance digital at rs 500 and connected to avr usb ..its working fine..heat also reducing at good level..avr is just fine with how it is..not changing any modes automatically also...

Air should blow out to take heat away from the amp. Onkyo and pioneers don't have side ventilation and therefore blowing air into the amp would only make it warmer as the heat would convert the cool air blown inside warm and won't serve the purpose our completely. Never draw power from USB ports as they are designed to play usb devices.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back