Trouble With KdLinks Hd720 Media Player

avr

Dear HiFi Gurus I just bought the aforementioned media player ie the KdLinks Hd 720 from Amazon.in. The moment I plugged it in the display on the player shows "NUPGRADE", I am unable to do anything further with the player. Now I downloaded the firmware from the KdLinks site which I believe is version 1.5. As per the directions, which were attached with the firmware, I upgraded it with a pendrive. The install appeared to have been successful as appeared on the TV screen connected to the player via HDMI. But after the upgrade it again shows no activity except the same "NUPGRADE".
I request the learned forum members who have experience with this player and also other learned FMs to help me out of this stalemate.
Rgds.:sad:

Thanks saikat....I already contacted Eric at kdlinks but unluckily they have no solution. They just recommended returning the player. Now I am waiting for my refund from amazon. Now I am on the look out for another media player which can decode/passthrough DD TrueHD and DTS MA. Any recommendations saikat??

Thanks saikat....I already contacted Eric at kdlinks but unluckily they have no solution. They just recommended returning the player. Now I am waiting for my refund from amazon. Now I am on the look out for another media player which can decode/passthrough DD TrueHD and DTS MA. Any recommendations saikat??
When I was looking for a suitable media player for myself, I shortlisted khlinks only. But finally I dropped the idea and moved along with HTPC only as they are flexible. I really don't have any recommendations for media player as I don't use any. But you could try out hifimart's offering page

http://www.hifimart.com/electronics/media-players-streamers

Alternatively, PCs have become so small these days. If you want, you could get something like Intel nuc/gigabyte brix (there are many small HTPCs out there)

Thanks saikat appreciate your help...I do have a HTPC but it was the ease of use of the media player that drew me towards it...further the mede8er is out of stock at the hifimart...the xtreamer wonder does not fulfill my needs....
Can any other fm recommend any good media player which decodes/passthrough DD TRUE HD & DTS MA...
Rgds..

Last edited:
Thanks saikat appreciate your help...I do have a HTPC but it was the ease of use of the media player that drew me towards it...further the mede8er is out of stock at the hifimart...the xtreamer wonder does not fulfill my needs....
Can any other fm recommend any good media player which decodes/passthrough DD TRUE HD & DTS MA...
Rgds..
I don't have much exposure towards media players. So can't comment much on this.

On the flip side, HTPC with openelec behaves like a media player only. It's hassle free and can easily be controlled by Android phones. HTPC virtually can support all media types you throw at it. IMHO only.

Dear HiFi Gurus I just bought the aforementioned media player ie the KdLinks Hd 720 from Amazon.in. The moment I plugged it in the display on the player shows "NUPGRADE", I am unable to do anything further with the player. Now I downloaded the firmware from the KdLinks site which I believe is version 1.5. As per the directions, which were attached with the firmware, I upgraded it with a pendrive. The install appeared to have been successful as appeared on the TV screen connected to the player via HDMI. But after the upgrade it again shows no activity except the same "NUPGRADE".
I request the learned forum members who have experience with this player and also other learned FMs to help me out of this stalemate.

I think this particular player must have had some problem. I have been using this player for couple of years without problem and recently moved to KDLINKS Android player. Since you have bought this through Amazon you can request for a replacement. I think there is no other player which pass through Dolby HD and DTS HD especially DTS HD as they are always finicky with issuing license. You can also try the other KDLinks player MN700 model which is similar to this.

Back