Troubleshooting: YPbPr and YCbCr

Gurudristi

Hi Guys,
I did not know as to which forum should I adress this problem of mine:eek:

I am using an LGRDJT30 XGA projector, which is connected to a Pioneer DVD player thru the component connectors of a Denon AVR 3805.

Recently, I bought the DVD of Wall-E and while watching, all of a sudden the screen would go blank (blue) and the no signal would display, and then the projector would skip either between YPbPr and YCbCr, after searching, the picture would return after some time, and then again, it would start all over again. It would play the movie for some time and then again it would go back to the same problem. :( Althought, the sound would continue even on the blank screen.

When I used the same DVD thru the composite RCA connection, then the movie would play absouletely all right. Even when I used it thru another DVD player's HDMI input onto my plasma, it worked fine.

I am wondering whether it is a problem with any of thefollowing ::confused:

1). DVD: Bad recording??? with the component output:confused:
2). Denon 3805 : connector/ upscaling problem?
3). The Projector itself ?
Or the
4). Pioneer DVD player?

Similar problem has happened once or twice before also on some other DVDs. Could it be missing recording sectionsf or the component output on the DVD.....I have no idea?

I am unable to figure it out. The problem seems to begin at the same spot....my feeling it the bad recording???
Any ideas/ suggestions to solve.

Last edited:
I am also facing same problem. My Tv has Y, CB, Cr inputs and my dvd palyer has Y, Pb, Pr outputs. connecting these two gives me pic in B & W, where as through composite output video works fine. I even tried to upgrade the component cable to bandridge, but no positive result.

Thanks,
Senthil.

Dear Sentil,
I did some minor search on the net yesterday and found that the
YPbPr is analog component video signal, whereas the YCbCr is the digital Component signal.:confused: Though I understand that most manufacturers do not label these connects properly.

Y is luminiance and the other two are colour signals.

How about the connection thru the S-Video?

In my case, the other movies seems fine and are playing allright. Looks like this DVD of Wall E might have some problems??? :confused:

http://www.hifivision.com/dvd-playe...ur-when-connected-via-component-output-3.html

Read my last post for the explanation.

From your descriptoin it sounds like its an issue with the DVD post production. The Y in the above definition is your full B/W picture definition and Cb is the blue colour delta and the Cr is the red colour delta that are processed to get the "colour" picutre on your TV.

If your projector is looking for various input sources, then the DVD is not providing the info consistently IF other DVDs play fine with the component output.

Thanks a lot,
I read your other posts.

I tend to agree with you that it could be the DVD recording itself:mad: Yesterday , I saw another DVD and it did not have any problem.

One buys an original DVD of Wall E worth Rs 599, and the recording is not upto mark.:( I donot know as to how to explain these guys at the landmark store that the recording is not upto mark since these guys will only check thru the composite video....:p

Interestingly, The DVD have been recorded by EXCEL and thinking back, I had similar problems ( not to the extend which I had now) with the other DVDs and they were also recorded and released by EXCEL.:eek:

Landmark has one of the best customer services that I have personally experienced when they wrongly shipped me a CD. They should take care of this without too much fuss if you can lay your case clearly.

Thanks a lot,
I read your other posts.

I tend to agree with you that it could be the DVD recording itself:mad: Yesterday , I saw another DVD and it did not have any problem.

One buys an original DVD of Wall E worth Rs 599, and the recording is not upto mark.:( I donot know as to how to explain these guys at the landmark store that the recording is not upto mark since these guys will only check thru the composite video....:p

Interestingly, The DVD have been recorded by EXCEL and thinking back, I had similar problems ( not to the extend which I had now) with the other DVDs and they were also recorded and released by EXCEL.:eek:

Dear Sentil,
I did some minor search on the net yesterday and found that the
YPbPr is analog component video signal, whereas the YCbCr is the digital Component signal.:confused: Though I understand that most manufacturers do not label these connects properly.

Y is luminiance and the other two are colour signals.

How about the connection thru the S-Video?

In my case, the other movies seems fine and are playing allright. Looks like this DVD of Wall E might have some problems??? :confused:

Mine is a CRT tv and doesn't have svideo input. I even tried with other dvd payers connected to tv, but the picture is still in B&W.

Can you please let me know how many inputs and outputs (as well as their descriptions) are there on the back of your CRT TV ?
Please also give me the model details of yor TV.
It might be a small possibility that you might be fitting component cables on the wrong inputs. :eek:

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back