Tube buffer

Tube buffer or DCB1 will make sense only if there is a serious impedance mis-match between the source and gain device. Else adding a buffer just does further addition to the music chain which can rob you of details and transparency. Earlier i had build a DCB1 and had a volume control for it. Removing the DCB1 & volume control actually helped me with good instrument detail and overall tone of the music.

Hari i find adding the dcb1 made huge difference compared to other pre i have. I find higer gain level and more openness with dcb1 which says there is some impedance variation

I tried it before and after dcb1 having F5T as power, there is no significant improvement sound quality remain almost same with some increased high frequency.
Next I changed the power to quad 306 and witnesses a major improvement in all specturm of sound the best was the source connected to itube2 directly. With dcb1 and quad the gain level is very high, on a 84db speaker i am keeping the volume knob around 7 to 9pm earlier i and to cross 12. Is this something to concern?

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back