Tube Preamp

Indumathiz

Hello, I would be shifting back to India soon. Cannot bring most of my gear as they work off 110 volts. I have access to some gear, courtesy of some friends, but will be requiring a tube preamp within a month or so.

Somewhere around 200k to 250k INR. Atleast one pair of XLR input and output and remote is a must.

Lyrita Audio has been mentioned many times here. Any other options? Looking to buy new, with invoice and warranty, but also open to well maintained pre-owned gear. Will be hooking it up with a solid state Poweramp. Thank you.

I was researching on tube preamps options recently. Here are some options I found, other than Lyrita (in no particular order) . Please note that I have not heard any of their offerings as yet.

1. Acoustic Portrait - Bangalore based.
2. Anode Acoustics - New Delhi
3. FM @Aniket (of Discrete Dynamics fame) - Delhi / Gurgaon
4. FM @radium7
5 An elderly gentleman named Mr. Mathew (makes under the brand VTT or Mathews Audio) based near Cochin, Kerala, who, i believe, has collaborated with Rethm in the past .

These are the local brands / offerings I could find during my research .

Good luck!

@Indumathiz did you identify some other options? If you did / do, please do share on this thread. It will be helpful for others like me curious about tube preamp options available in India. Thanks

An excellent,well rated brand is Atma-Spere. Their preamps have most( maybe all) the features you're looking for, while over your budget,if bought new, pre-owned is more affordable.

Hello, I would be shifting back to India soon. Cannot bring most of my gear as they work off 110 volts. I have access to some gear, courtesy of some friends, but will be requiring a tube preamp within a month or so.

Somewhere around 200k to 250k INR. Atleast one pair of XLR input and output and remote is a must.

Lyrita Audio has been mentioned many times here. Any other options? Looking to buy new, with invoice and warranty, but also open to well maintained pre-owned gear. Will be hooking it up with a solid state Poweramp. Thank you.

Which power amp do you have ?

Considering you need XLR, your options are limited maybe Viren of Lyrita can make one for you or else better to get a RCA-XLR converter to be on the safe side.

I personally use the Linear tube audio MZ2, and since you are in the US, you can get the MZ3 and speak to them of giving you a XLR input. They assemble to order so may be possible and they do make a 230V power supply, hence that will not be an issue.

Another option would be to get a 230V Pre from Europe to the US (instead of from India) since you do have a budget of 3KUSD, the options there are many although Croft Micro 25R would be a fantastic option

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back