Tuning into an Analog state of mind

@musicbee, thank you for the nice words. I intend to get the best out of my room first, before I upgrade any of the equipment. I can't upgrade the room (heh heh), but I'm definitely going to try and milk it to the max. Next weekend, I'm going to build two acoustic panels (for each side of the room) for the first-reflection points. If I see good enough results, I'm going to do the same for the wall behind the speakers and behind my listening position.
In any case, LP purchases itself have killed my wallet. I (unfortunately) have located a source for Speaker's Corner Records very near my house. They have very little ready stock, but I still saw 3 Blues records I wanted very much. Since I've already burnt a HUGE hole in my pocket, all I can do is look and drool. It looks as if I will have to limit all future cash outflow to either LP purchases or upgrades. Both will definitely not happen. :D

Off topic but this system works to get the best out of your room. Priced very high unfortunately but I've heard it at a friend's and the before and after difference was huge after the digital room correction.

You'll also need to get a dedicated Mac for it.

Spatial HD software

Nicee!
I shall come over with cam and tripod to take pics of the TT.
Where is this place nearby to get LPs? Would like to know more.

^^ Yes, please! I need pics shot by a guy who knows his stuff!

The LPs are available at Hifi Links. Mucho expensive at around 2K+ a pop. But cheaper than ordering the better ones from Elusive Disc (considering shipping). And Elusive Disc does not list LPs from the Speaker's Corner Records library.

Congrats on getting your Analog Rig Hydra :clapping:. The long wait has finally paid off :).

There was a small hitch with the phonostage I had taken over, and kuruvilajacob right away disconnected his phonostage and asked me to take it with me. He said that after all the waiting and assembling of various stuff over the last month, I shouldn't go without listening to the TT that night. I don't know how to thank him for his gracious and voluntary gesture. You're a lifesaver, sir!
Was this the CNC phonostage that I put together? I am anxious to know what happened:eek:. Can I buy the CNC phonostage from you since you now have the Cambridge Audio phono-pre? I ask because I really liked the way it sounded in my system and though I built yours, I have somehow not found the time to completed the kit that I ordered for myself. Only if you don't want it ofcourse :).

I had the opportunity of meeting Kuruvilajacob at the Chennai Hi-Fi meet. Very knowledgable and passionate gentleman. Would like to visit him when I am that side of Kerala.

Thank you Santhosh! Yes, the long wait has paid off big time! I've sent you an email :)

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back