Turn table repair shop in Bangalore

Nagaraj S

Greetings all -

My friend in Bangalore has a Philips turntable F1285, which needs repair. Does anyone know of any reliable turntable repair shops in Bangalore?

Thanks in advance,

Nagaraj

Amarbir[Lynx-India];167688 said:
Well ,
if You tell me the issue i will try an help all audio junkie out there will :) ,So why should i remain back

Calm down :)
No one is holding you back, who are we to do so?

Just asked casually if lynx undertakes TT reapir jobs

Amarbir[Lynx-India];167688 said:
Well ,
if You tell me the issue i will try an help all audio junkie out there will :) ,So why should i remain back

Nice to know Amarbir,

Honestly I had a bad impression about you from some earlier posts by your customers but I'm tending to revise my opinion.

Cheers! :)

Nice to know Amarbir,

Honestly I had a bad impression about you from some earlier posts by your customers but I'm tending to revise my opinion.

Cheers! :)

Well ,
they Are a Bunch And Will Follow Me Till Hell ,but i am Always At Service ,We Have the best support ,the Best Products ,OK Rates And We Are Eager To Attend To Our Mistakes Made and Learn To Provide Better Services .Its Not Hard for Me To Provide Answers To all Blogs That Are Out There against Lynx ,the Issue is that i am not trading here and there for this ,No company can have 5400 orders executed in a short span that is as tiny as lynx in a small town ,I love you guys all of you there are hundreds of them out there for the support .The thing is that i Am Very Blunt and Some People Do Not Like That .I Do Not Like To Slyly solve a Issue i Make Sure i Attend To The Same And Solve It ,I did That For a old customer Who Was not Happy Cos i Gave Him a Bill Without serial number long long time back i read it somewhere today and made a effort to call him and solve the issue he had ,We all Make Mistakes Right ,I Am No Exception .

Thanks for the info. However, could you please let me know whether there are any TT repair shops in Bangalore?

I too need a turntable repair shop in bangalore. I was recently given a vintage JVC turntable - JVC JLA-1 free of cost on the one condition that I would never sell it and would take good care of it. I readily accepted given my soft corner for vintage stuff be it automobiles, antiques or electronics. With guidance from members malvai and stevieboy, I figured out that it needs a belt and a new stylus which I have been able to locate online. Before I place the order, I would like to know what else may have gone wrong. According to the owner, it was put into storage in working condition, so in all probability it may just need some cleaning and above mentioned parts.

Any pointers on how to dismantle the platter will also be appreciated as I would love to do a DIY restore.

Thanx in advance:)

santhol2
Platter can be removed just by lifting it with little force. If old belt even if broken is still there, would be use full to get exact size new belt. Just plug it in and see if motor is running or not. New belts are also available online. can you post close up pics of inside of the TT.

Before I place the order, I would like to know what else may have gone wrong.

Thanx in advance:)

Hi Santhol,

You could try putting some 'nada' or slightly thick elastic band in place of the broken belt to see if it turns. If it doesn't, you'll know that you've got other problems too...

regards

looking for some pointers...i have a vintage gerrard TT that needs some tending to...

there's one shop called 'sound options' (IIRC) behind bethany school in koramangala...they are into repairing hi-fi equipment though not sure if they deal with TT's as well...

maybe some enthu DIYers can chip in...

You mean use what the Spanish call "por nada"? I know all about that nada. Oops, I forgot-you were learning Spanish, probably got it right.

Well george there's the regular normal cost nada one can buy online from turntable stores. And there's the por man's nada which is a cheaper alternative. ;)

santhol2
Platter can be removed just by lifting it with little force. If old belt even if broken is still there, would be use full to get exact size new belt. Just plug it in and see if motor is running or not. New belts are also available online. can you post close up pics of inside of the TT.
Thanks Hiten, I was a little worried about applying force because the TT has some kind of a suspension mechanism and I can feel the suspension flexing, don't want to break anything. Member Anilkumar also tried turning the platter to see if it releases at a particular slot, but that also did not work.

Here is the link to the user manual on Vinylengine, have not come across a service manual yet.

http://www.vinylengine.com/library/jvc/jl-a1.shtml

I will post detailed pictures this weekend. For now, here is a pic of the TT when I had just received it.

bf214813.jpg

You could try putting some 'nada' or slightly thick elastic band in place of the broken belt to see if it turns. If it doesn't, you'll know that you've got other problems too...
Thanks Steven, to do this, I need to get to the mechanicals beneath the platter:(.

Last edited:
I was a little worried about applying force because the TT has some kind of a suspension mechanism and I can feel the suspension flexing, don't want to break anything.
Here is the link to the user manual on Vinylengine, have not come across a service manual yet.
May be the platter is jammed with the spindle. Very risky to apply force. You can use zorrik/WD40 spray to loosen it The suspension mechanism you are referring is I think the whole turntable mechanism (Platter and its surroundings) is resting on springs on wooden base.

That user manual on vinylengine does have a picture of inside of the turntable. it will be helpful.

For now, here is a pic of the TT when I had just received it.

Hi Santosh

Next time you go for a bath, wrap the TT in a towel instead of yourself (forget your modesty for a while) and tiptoe into the bathroom ... :D

That TT seriously needs a bath. :eek:hyeah:

Use only Johnson baby soap and mild shampoo ... :rolleyes:

Cheers

PS: Wifey might knock on the door suspiciously and ask Who you lathering up with ... but I'll leave that for you to tackle ;)

looking for some pointers...i have a vintage gerrard TT that needs some tending to...

there's one shop called 'sound options' (IIRC) behind bethany school in koramangala...they are into repairing hi-fi equipment though not sure if they deal with TT's as well...

maybe some enthu DIYers can chip in...

Hello ,
whats the issue you have with this one ,what exactly is wrong .

Thanks Hiten, I was a little worried about applying force because the TT has some kind of a suspension mechanism and I can feel the suspension flexing, don't want to break anything. Member Anilkumar also tried turning the platter to see if it releases at a particular slot, but that also did not work.

JVC JL-A1 Owners Manual, Service Manual, Schematics, Free Download | Vinyl Engine

I will post detailed pictures this weekend. For now, here is a pic of the TT when I had just received it.

bf214813.jpg

Thanks Steven, to do this, I need to get to the mechanicals beneath the platter:(.

Sir ,
Open this and Apply any Antirust spray leave it forget about it ,After few days i mean this :) ,check it ,Not working put more ,few days 24 to 48 hours ,yes ou still need to apply force ,BTW keep it outside in the sun and keep checking if its too hot "Some of them can melt its plastic .I have a Numark that was in rotten state that i restored ,the guy wrapped in a box and shipped from usa by post in newspapers ,we cannot have better moron then that fellow

May be the platter is jammed with the spindle. Very risky to apply force. You can use zorrik/WD40 spray to loosen it The suspension mechanism you are referring is I think the whole turntable mechanism (Platter and its surroundings) is resting on springs on wooden base.

That user manual on vinylengine does have a picture of inside of the turntable. it will be helpful.

Sir ,
Agree to your suggestion but magic does not happen in few minutes only if its a simple case it might be .

Hi Santosh

Next time you go for a bath, wrap the TT in a towel instead of yourself (forget your modesty for a while) and tiptoe into the bathroom ... :D

That TT seriously needs a bath. :eek:hyeah:

Use only Johnson baby soap and mild shampoo ... :rolleyes:

Cheers

PS: Wifey might knock on the door suspiciously and ask Who you lathering up with ... but I'll leave that for you to tackle ;)

Gobble ,
Lol man lol haa haa :yahoo:

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back