Turn table repair shop in Bangalore

Amarbir[Lynx-India];168736 said:
Hello ,
whats the issue you have with this one ,what exactly is wrong .

really dunno....haven't played it for a while...it has the philips style IC...need to replace them with RCA...not sure abt the cartridge and stylus as well...

May be the platter is jammed with the spindle. Very risky to apply force. You can use zorrik/WD40 spray to loosen it

Amarbir[Lynx-India];168736 said:
Sir ,
Open this and Apply any Antirust spray leave it forget about it ,After few days i mean this :) ,check it ,Not working put more ,few days 24 to 48 hours
Hiten\Amarbir, I will try this and post an update.

Try lifting the rubber cushion on the platter and see if there is a circlip holding the platter down. If so slowly remove the circlip and ease the platter up. Hope it helps.
There is no circlip visible on the surface. If none of the ideas mentioned above work, I am considering trying to see if there is a circlip below the suspension. I may have to access the parts by removing the screws on the floor of the casing.

Next time you go for a bath, wrap the TT in a towel instead of yourself (forget your modesty for a while) and tiptoe into the bathroom ... :D

That TT seriously needs a bath. :eek:hyeah:
PS: Wifey might knock on the door suspiciously and ask Who you lathering up with ... but I'll leave that for you to tackle ;)
Gobble, I am not posting pictures before I clean up the TT..thoroughly. I just can't let your imagination run wild:lol:. I imagined myself doing what you have jokingly suggested and I was :lol:

Dear friends,
Are there any turntable service centers in Chennai?
Thanking in advance,
Sincerely,
pksnathan

Thank you for registering me. Greetings to all! I have some very old manual turntables at home. I also have a 1980s vintage Philips turntable about which I am very senti. The ampli of the same got burnt out many years ago and no one could repair it. Over the years the tt got u/s. Probably the belt, the timer and the stylus are not working. Can it be brought on line? The speakers are ok (original Philips). Where do I repair the tt and where do I get the ampli? Thanks.

Last edited:
Thank you for registering me. Greetings to all! I have some very old manual turntables at home. I also have a 1980s vintage Philips turntable about which I am very senti. The ampli of the same got burnt out many years ago and no one could repair it.

Hi Muneesh,

I also have a Philips Hi Q International receiver (tuner plus amplifier) and speakers. One of the channels was not working due to a defect in the output transistor of that channel. I was able to get a new transistor after considerable searching and expenditure of time and energy in Lamington Road in Mumbai. A friend was able to get that same component for me from Delhi as a spare. Don't give up on the amplifier. A competent repairer will probably
be able to get it up and running at a reasonble cost. The problem will be in finding such a person. Ask around. You may be lucky. Why not try Amarbir.

Best wishes. If you know of a good Philips turntable please let me know.

Hi Guys,
I'm also looking for a service center for my Philips stereo 832. The issue is the turntable is jerking. Seem like the idler wheel needs a replacement or a oiling. I dont want to risk by experimenting it. Someone could guide me to a good service center in bangalore.

Thanks in advance.

Never mind. I put a drop of oil on the idler join and it started working. Unlike the videos I have seen where the idler wheel can be easily removed which is fixed with tiny clamp. I didnt see such thing and it seem to be tightly fixed and non removable. As long as I dont have to remove it, this should solve the problem for me.

Dear friends

Do you know anyone who can service Turntables in Cochin (or anyplace in Kerala)?

Thanks

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back