Turntable mat

Is it very soft?

Is thicker silicone rubber sheet available (since most mats are 4-5 mm thick). If using 2 mm thickness, VTA adjustment would be needed.
Thicker sheet is available. I am using 3mm. Which is equal to my old mat but it's not complete 3mm thick, so I didn't do VTA.
d2baeda4df5a2bd35a666f5bb6073b09.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I am interested in Silicon mat.

Regards
Sachin
Hi Sachin,

Please let me know your diameter I will get it cut and courier you.

Been to Tadoba dec end, had siting of choti tara and her cubs. [emoji4]

Regards,
Nishant

Hi Sachin,

Please let me know your diameter I will get it cut and courier you.

Been to Tadoba dec end, had siting of choti tara and her cubs. [emoji4]

Regards,
Nishant

Thanks Nishant
I recently got Technics SP-12 (Rare) TT from Japan. I need a mat. I will measure the diameter and PM you tonight.

:thumbsup: for Tadoba.

Regards
Sachin

Thanks Nishant
I recently got Technics SP-12 (Rare) TT from Japan. I need a mat. I will measure the diameter and PM you tonight.

[emoji106] for Tadoba.

Regards
Sachin
I suppose 3mm is fine?
And it's red colour.

I suppose 3mm is fine?
And it's red colour.

I have also made weight , again diy, anyone interested I have 2 designs one with brass and another with aluminum alloy.

Thanks Nishant

[emoji106] for Tadoba.

Regards
Sachin
Congratulations for SP-12, which tonearm do you have?

Hi Beginner, I am also experimenting with different mats and have recently acquired 2 different varieties of felt mats. I am keen to try out the silicon mat. My table is a Thorens TD-160. The dia required will be 12". If it is possible for you to make one for me, I would be thankful. Let me know how much to pay and where, will do the needful. Pls PM me.

Regards
Kartick

Hi Beginner, I am also experimenting with different mats and have recently acquired 2 different varieties of felt mats. I am keen to try out the silicon mat. My table is a Thorens TD-160. The dia required will be 12". If it is possible for you to make one for me, I would be thankful. Let me know how much to pay and where, will do the needful. Pls PM me.

Regards
Kartick
Hi Kartik,

It's around Rs 500 plus courier

I will let you know exact price. Will make it ready over weekend. Sachin and yours will get cut together.

I presume center hole of dia 7.4mm. that's normally on vinyl .

Regards,
Nishant

Hi Nishant,
If you plan to make with 4 mm thick sheet, I would also like one.

BTW, I must be still having the PDF and .cdr files I had made for laser cutting acrylic mats. I think the .cdr files can be imported directly to the laser cutter software (or was it they're cutting directly from .cdr, I'm confused:)). Let me know if you need the file. In any case it's extremely simple to make a drawing as it's two concentric circles - inner one for spindle hole and outer for arc of the mat.

Hi Nishant,
If you plan to make with 4 mm thick sheet, I would also like one.

BTW, I must be still having the PDF and .cdr files I had made for laser cutting acrylic mats. I think the .cdr files can be imported directly to the laser cutter software (or was it they're cutting directly from .cdr, I'm confused:)). Let me know if you need the file. In any case it's extremely simple to make a drawing as it's two concentric circles - inner one for spindle hole and outer for arc of the mat.
I need to purchase 4mm sheet. If you want I can buy. I am having 3mm available with me.

Pdf is enough for me. .cdr is Corel draw file which can be used for laser cutting.

The magazines I gave away recently had a comprehensive article about turntable mats measurements. The outcome was a thin acrylic mat coupled with rubber mat was considered best. Magazine name was 'Audio'. Will see if available on net and upload.
Regards.

Hi Kartik,

It's around Rs 500 plus courier

I will let you know exact price. Will make it ready over weekend. Sachin and yours will get cut together.

I presume center hole of dia 7.4mm. that's normally on vinyl .

Regards,
Nishant

Thanks, let me know the payment details and will transfer the money. I will PM you my address as well for shipment. And yes, standard center hole is good enough.

Regards
Kartick

I need to purchase 4mm sheet. If you want I can buy. I am having 3mm available with me.

Pdf is enough for me. .cdr is Corel draw file which can be used for laser cutting.

OK, don't bother buying 4 mm. I'll also go with what you already have. It's not difficult to adjust VTA:)

Will you please PM me your email ID so that I can send you the files. Thanks.

Count so far:
Sachin - 1- size awaited
Kartik - 1- 12"
Joshua - 1 - 4mm thk (since I need to buy more material I will buy 4mm for you)
Samparikh - 1 - size awaited
Gururanga - 2- size awaited.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back