Turntable mat

Hi Nishant awaiting your paytm details to transfer the amount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Nishant, thanks a lot for spending time to work on this.
Welcome. Its just small effort to make good friends. People here are so generous to help, which makes my work very negligible.

Sent from my MotoG3-TE using Tapatalk

Hello All,

Shipped all turntable mats through India speed post.

Now waiting your feedback on change in sound output.

Regards,
Nishant

Looks like I completely missed this thread. If possible I would like to have one mat.

Please let me know if this is possible now.

Best,
Vinay

Just an Idea.

How about sandwich of acrylic and rubber to make a mat. 1mm acrylic sheet and 2mm silicone rubber.

Just an Idea.

How about sandwich of acrylic and rubber to make a mat. 1mm acrylic sheet and 2mm silicone rubber.

Good idea. But the draw back is acrylic is less grip with record if use as top layer and on other hand less grip with main platter if use as bottom layer.

One more option is 3 layer sandwich. Bottom is 1mm Silicon rubber, Mid is 1mm acrylic sheet with 0.5mm recessed in the middle for record label area and top layer is 1mm natural leather. This gives better look and full grip. But not sure about the sound which to be checked with some trial.

Good idea. But the draw back is acrylic is less grip with record if use as top layer and on other hand less grip with main platter if use as bottom layer.

One more option is 3 layer sandwich. Bottom is 1mm Silicon rubber, Mid is 1mm acrylic sheet with 0.5mm recessed in the middle for record label area and top layer is 1mm natural leather. This gives better look and full grip. But not sure about the sound which to be checked with some trial.
I will give it a try.

Pls send me the paytm details. Havent received it yet. I will pm you the two addresses where the mats are to be sent.many thanks.

You already sent me those address. Delhi and Bangalore.

I have shipped mats on Thursday.

Last edited:
Just an Idea.

Hi,
That was the Audio Magazine article says (Link posted somewhere) Out of various mats the rubber and acrylic mat measurements turned out to be good.

To avoid slip of vinyl on acrylic mat center weight could help. Acrylic and vinyl material needs to be same for lowest impedance of vibration transfer.
Regards.

Nishant, if you want to try acrylic, I could courier one to you. It's 4 mm thick. And as suggested by Hiten, record weight is a must.

IME, it imparts a liveliness to the sound, but also tends to accentuate surface noise. You can't have them all:)

Just an idea, can we use old LD discs instead of acrylic? I have some.
Regards.

Good idea!

BTW, I'm playing the new mat. Sounding good :thumbsup:

And the colour nearly matches the colour of my speakers:)

Since it's brand new, it's not totally flat. Tonight I'll place it below the TT's heavy platter to flatten it.

PS: after four tracks, cleaner highs and much better separation is apparent.

Last edited:
Back