Turntable repair service facility

Hi all, I have just moved to Mumbai and saw this forum. My turntable that is a Audio Mecca Jadis J4 with a Audio Mecca Jadis vertical tracking arm SL5 has got knocked about in the shipment, I was wondering if I can get anyone in Mumbai to look at it and align it back. Thanks

Hi all, I have just moved to Mumbai and saw this forum. My turntable that is a Audio Mecca Jadis J4 with a Audio Mecca Jadis vertical tracking arm SL5 has got knocked about in the shipment, I was wondering if I can get anyone in Mumbai to look at it and align it back. Thanks

I have a service guy at Kottayam , Kerala who could service it but it would not be practical to ship it here . I don't know anyone in Mumbai who can service such players .

Thanks Jacob, I read on this Forum, there someone by the name of Firoz Mistry in Mumbai who can help. However I have yet to find his contact details.

i am a newcomer to this forum but i think there is one other mechanic in kozhikode (calicut )in kerala who also restores turntables .his name is md shafi . i think some members know about him too

Most of you will agree with me Turntable repairing is not for all electronics mechanics. Specially those complicated Garrard Changers and the like cannot be repaired by any mechanic and unfortunately those who used to specialize in them are not to be found

Hi,
I registered to this site just to know more about restoration options for my grandpa's Automatic Garrard Gramophone Vinyl Turntable. Don't know the model number. I held 5 vinyls for nonstop playing. Have attached pictures of the same for reference.

I live in delhi & want to find out people who can restore this.

Regards,
Vikram Aditya Paul

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1524055433656.jpg
    FB_IMG_1524055433656.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 51
  • FB_IMG_1524055436702.jpg
    FB_IMG_1524055436702.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 49
  • FB_IMG_1524055439623.jpg
    FB_IMG_1524055439623.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 47
  • FB_IMG_1524055442780.jpg
    FB_IMG_1524055442780.jpg
    326.1 KB · Views: 51
  • FB_IMG_1524055429802.jpg
    FB_IMG_1524055429802.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 50
Last edited by a moderator:
I can think of FM Jousha.

@ ViktamAdityaPaul

From the pics, the turntable looks to be in pretty bad shape. It may take a lot of money and effort to restore it (parts may need to be purchased online from international online portals and eBay). The model is 1025T

Hello sir,
Very nice to hear the news that some one is really servicing vintage TTs with care n enthusiasm. Here also i know 2 people ( very few are left) who have the talent to do any kind of TT and valve amps servicing. But unfortunately in place like Bombay with its high cost of living their interest in this time consuming & attention demanding job is dwindling. They are more interested in the fast bucks that come with easy & non complicated jobs.

I have developed a good relation based on mutual respect, so i could get some servicing done from them.My Philips valve amp AG 9015 is an example.
But this will go on till when?
So we should encourage people like your TT mech.:clapping:
Hi,
Can you help me as I have two TT a Technics Mk1200 and a Sony and both needs repairs. Do you know of any mechanic in Mumbai who can /
Thanks in advance

I thank @kuruvilajacob and @shafic who threw more light on this Vinyl player subject. It will be a beneficial for the vinyl owners, to service and repair their vintage turntable, from the best professional hands without having to worry anymore. Please kindly share with us their contacts. Good bless.

Most of you will agree with me Turntable repairing is not for all electronics mechanics. Specially those complicated Garrard Changers and the like cannot be repaired by any mechanic and unfortunately those who used to specialize in them are not to be found these days. I have been fortunate to have a TT mechanic who is in his 40's but had been fascinated by these kind of players from a very young age and I am trying to dedicate his service entirely to to the service of Turntables. I know he has the potential to dismantle and put back even the most complicated TTs as well as the modern ones of the 80's . Except the fully electronic players like those Sansui linear tracks with electronic problems, he can service competently most Turntables including servicing of the tonearm assembly and the motor. He has a fantastic mechanical mind and has taken my Garrrard 301 completely apart and reassembled it with ease. So if any of the Forum members want to use his service, you can contact me as he is doing some other work also and I would like to engage him exclusively for this work in future as Vinyl is coming back in a big way and we need guys like him
Hello Sir, I have a HMV turntable from 60s which belonged to my late grandfather. It has been lying idle for some years and I want to revive it as a memory of my grandfather. I want to know details about mechanics if available in Bengaluru or Kerala. Thank you.

I thank @kuruvilajacob and @shafic who threw more light on this Vinyl player subject. It will be a beneficial for the vinyl owners, to service and repair their vintage turntable, from the best professional hands without having to worry anymore. Please kindly share with us their contacts. Good bless.
Hi !
Saw your post, but I can’t find the address for the vinyl player repair guys in any of the posts.
Can you help !
Thanks.
Nitish.

Most of you will agree with me Turntable repairing is not for all electronics mechanics. Specially those complicated Garrard Changers and the like cannot be repaired by any mechanic and unfortunately those who used to specialize in them are not to be found these days. I have been fortunate to have a TT mechanic who is in his 40's but had been fascinated by these kind of players from a very young age and I am trying to dedicate his service entirely to to the service of Turntables. I know he has the potential to dismantle and put back even the most complicated TTs as well as the modern ones of the 80's . Except the fully electronic players like those Sansui linear tracks with electronic problems, he can service competently most Turntables including servicing of the tonearm assembly and the motor. He has a fantastic mechanical mind and has taken my Garrrard 301 completely apart and reassembled it with ease. So if any of the Forum members want to use his service, you can contact me as he is doing some other work also and I would like to engage him exclusively for this work in future as Vinyl is coming back in a big way and we need guys like him
Is there same like him in Pune? Because I live in Panchgani 80 km from Pune.

Back