Turntable service centre in Chennai

hello,
this is Akhil i have recently found this philips turntable stereo system in the attic with the records too when i tried to connect it to the power supply i found out that the rpm is too slow for 33rpm position but the 45 and 78 rmp speeds are fine. i have greased all the parts and the motor spindle. i guess the idler wheel is slipping may be because the rubber has hardened. so could some one help me find out the make so that i can search for spare parts. even suggestions for a good service centre in Chennai would be really helpful. except for the make of the turntable i have no other specifications any specifications of this will be helpful.
with regards
Akhil

Attachments

• 20150330_162259.jpg
    20150330_162259.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 45
if the idler is gone, the speed will be wrong for all of the speeds
that looks like a philips hiq. I recall those were belt drive?
this seems like an issue with the speed setting mechanism (mechanical/electronic)

Last edited:
TEG : I've even ordered a new phono stage for the task, which will probably go on, just doing a couple of albums when I feel like it, for a long time. "

Why are you buying from the UK ?
Prices seem very high and which phono preamp are you buying ?

Last edited:
For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back