Turntable

Hi Moktan

Congrats

Lovely set up in a wonderfull back drop. Your system must be giving much more musical pleasure than it is capable of.

Enjoy.

I am visiting Kalimpong in a falimy tour 1st week of next month.

Might drop in if u allow.

Cheers

Congrats Moktan! The whole set up just looks heavenly.
I believe I am close to getting my TT as well! :)

Hi Moktan

Congrats

Lovely set up in a wonderfull back drop. Your system must be giving much more musical pleasure than it is capable of.

Enjoy.

I am visiting Kalimpong in a falimy tour 1st week of next month.

Might drop in if u allow.

Cheers

Definitely Sir if nothing comes between.

When you have heavenly music so close to nature then you don't need external stimulants like alcohol etc..

Dear friend,

Congratulation on acquiring a wonderful TT and wish you happy music hours.After seeing all the photos you have attached I really like the area you are living with a wonderful view and a nice garden.I am sure the excellent environment will be nice and peaceful.

Thanking you,

pksnathan

Beautiful place that you live in Moktan. Been a city dweller most of my live, and I can only imagine the amount of peace and tranquility that such a place offers you, not to mention the pure air, and the cool climate.

Congratulations Moktan. Great house. Great view. Great surroundings. We guys in cities can only dream about such homes.

A friend who works for Fedex is being sent to Europe to handle some possible contingency operation due to some likely trade-union strikes in some locations.
Though his itinerary is not fixed it is definite that he will be in Brussels...
He has agreed to bring some records if I could provide him the whereabouts of used vinyl stores.
perhaps members who have some experience buying such would kindly help?
Thanks in advance

Moktan,
congratulations and happy listening in cool climes with seductive view.

cheers

A friend who works for Fedex is being sent to Europe to handle some possible contingency operation due to some likely trade-union strikes in some locations.
He has agreed to bring some records if I could provide him the whereabouts of used vinyl stores.
Thanks in advance

In germany and in france there are Flea markets where one does run into Old records. but if you check any Fnac store, which i believe exist in Belgium as well, there are bound to be new ones available...lots of choices among Jazz/Rock/Classical

If he were going to NewJersey there is a Huge used record store at very reasonable prices ..99c to 400 USD ;)

Thanks in advance

One very good place is the flea market in Geneva. On Saturdays, one can find a treasure of vinyls being sold. It is my favorite haunt when I go for my experimental work. If you friend happens to be there on Saturday, ask him to visit the place. The ideal time is to go in the afternoon as then one can get things at throw-away prices.

Regards
Manoj

Dear Moktan,

I am really happy you managed to get everything right in the end. I would not have recognized the TT which was with me for so long. You have given it a wonderful face lift. Just enjoy the music. i am happy I played a small part in converting one more to Vinyl gang!

Thanks in advance

There is a Vinyl record shop (can't remember the name) near the 'Grand Place' in Brussels central area. It is within walking distance from the 'Grand Place' - the shop has a very good collection of LPs - both new and old. New ones cost around 15-25 Euros depending upon the pressing, and old ones between 1-5 Euros depending upon the condition of the record. I had picked up a few records from this place during my stay in Brussels last year.

BTW, also ask your friend to pick up some Belgian chocolates - Neuhaus, Leonidas and Galler are my favourite picks! Never had better chocolate in my life.

Best,
APK

Last edited:
Thanks all for your suggestions. All of it has proved really useful. I will keep everyone posted on what my friend will manage to bring for me.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back