Turntable

ranadatta

Guys/gals and all audiophiles.........need your help big time. When I was a kid we had a Collaro record changer and my lover for TTs have never stopped. Now I want to purchase one. Which ones do u suggest. Looking at something that can preferably play all three speeds, weight control, stroboscopic control etc. Where can I get it. Recs too (I am in Mumbai or if there is a God of a shop somewhere else in India.pl suggest).

Brand new - Need to searchOr if you are satisfied with Denon they have showroom in Atria Worli.
Also a lot of hi end distributors started keeping TT's

You can also consider Pro-ject Debut III (or a variant). Its available with Nova Audio (in Bandra I think). It may stretch your budget by a couple of K's but its well worth it.

Not sure if they can do all speeds, I have a Debut III it can do 33 and 45.

In Mumbai, I know of one chap who sells old records on DN Road. Just in front of Kamath hotel. You may want to carefully inspect the record before picking it up.

Hello Rana,
within your budget few options to consider are Project , Denon and Sherwood.

The things you need this sherwood seems to have them all

Sherwood Europe | Manual Phonograph for Analogphile with Pitch Control

Your next option is Denon Turntables.

Profx - Advanced Audio Solutions

The other option is project turntables. You need to get in touch with nova audio mumbai.
NOVA AUDIO PVT. LTD.

I have no idea about the rest of your set up. If your amplifier doesn't have phono in then you need a separate phono pre amp. This can be inbuilt in the TT or can be bought separately.
Thanks.

I have the NAD 533 TT which I bought from Lakozy but it is slighly more than your budget. Don't know if they still sell it. It is a Rega P2 clone. But it is a very simple TT with 33 and 45 rpm speed (to be changed manually by adjusting the belt). It sounds very nice.

Even the Project TTs are very good.

Hello Rana,

The other option is project turntables. You need to get in touch with nova audio mumbai.
NOVA AUDIO PVT. LTD.

I have no idea about the rest of your set up. If your amplifier doesn't have phono in then you need a separate phono pre amp. This can be inbuilt in the TT or can be bought separately.
Thanks.

Dear friend,
Sherwood TT has some good features like pitch control,heavy diecast platter,direct drive motor etc.Can you please say who are the dealers for Sherwood products in India?
Thanking you,
Sincerely,
pksnathan.

Hello Rana,

NOVA AUDIO PVT. LTD.

Thanks.

Thanks for your reply. Since I am still not in the audiophile league as some of you can u suggest any features which I may be missing out. I do not mind stretching a bit.

Dear friend,
Sherwood TT has some good features like pitch control,heavy diecast platter,direct drive motor etc.Can you please say who are the dealers for Sherwood products in India?
Thanking you,
Sincerely,
pksnathan.

Hello PKS,
so far I remember these guys in Calcutta delas with sherwood turntables.

Promises Instruments Pvt. Ltd.

45, Shakespeare Sarani, Kolkata 700 017.Tel:033 2283 6118/ 2283 6290Mobile:098303 36898
Thnaks,
Mahiruha.

Hello PKS,
so far I remember these guys in Calcutta delas with sherwood turntables.

Promises Instruments Pvt. Ltd.

45, Shakespeare Sarani, Kolkata 700 017.Tel:033 2283 6118/ 2283 6290Mobile:098303 36898
Thnaks,
Mahiruha.

Dear mahiruha,
I thank you for the information you have provided regarding Sherwood TT.
Sincerely,
pksnathan.

If you are still looking for TT and sherwood details. Here is the contact details of dealer in India. Talk to them for details of Chennai Showroom

Sunit Mathur
Mg Director
Decibels India Pvt Ltd
B 28 Zamrudpur
Greater Kailash I
New Delhi 110048
INDIA
Tel: +91-11-41631853 to 56
Fax: +91-11-41631857
Cel: +91-9871799531
Mail: [email protected]

Hi

I am also looking for TT that can handle multiple speeds. Apart from Sherwood is their any other brand. I do not have phono amp as of now. Which company has TT with inbuilt phono. Is it better to have separate phono stage with regrad to sound quality. Budget with in 20 K . May go for 2nd hand if get a good deal . Any suggestion...

Thanks

Pratim

Hi Murli

Ok will check that . But will it be available in Kolkata ?

Still remember your kind cooperation. When are u comimg to kolkata??

Thanks

Pratim

If your budget is about 20k, IMHO, go for the Pro-ject TT. The debut III. its the best value in that range. great sound.

if you want the best sound for your money, go for the Project turntables - genie, debut III etc. for features you may look at the other brands

hi pratim,

stick to the projects. they build a range of tts and they build pretty good entry level tts. the debut has phono inbuilt but an outboard phono will be better. you can keep upgrading. i'd suggest giving the usual phonostages a miss and calling viren of this forum (lyrita audio) i've heard his solid state phonostage (bout 4k) and you sure as hell aint gonna get that level of sound at that price. and this praise is coming from a total tube gear lover so... :)

he sends you the equipment on trial and if you like it you keep it or return it paying shipping back. would strongly recommend you check him out last i heard he had parts for just a few solid phonostages left.

regards

Thanks Stevieboy and Krauss

I will definitely check about that phono stage with Viren- it is really VFM.

Yes project is in my consideration unless I go for 2nd hand.

Yesterday I listen to some vinyls at Mahiruha's place with his Lyrita set up - very nice and natural. I have started loving vinyls- now need to set up right gear for me.

Just another query - is it better to listen vinys in tube set up or there is no such relation?

Thanks

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back