Turntable

for a direct drive turntable, i have not found a step down to have any adverse effects. I have used American 110volts turntables like the Teac P988 and Technics SLBD20B for years, with step down transformers. Speed was not impacted and so was the performance.

However to make it more convenient for you, later on you may want to upgrade the transformer of your turntable (assuming it has one) to a 230v one. If going for an upgrade, get the tech who is helping out to ascertain whether the existing transformer has a 230v tap which is un-used. If it does, then its just a matter of connecting the 230volts tap. Thats about it.

Last edited:
I’d suggest researching a bit about the pioneer. Quite a few people have issues with the build that affects play. Build quality seems to be quite suspect and a hit or miss from reviews I’ve read and a couple of people I know. Headshell wires getting damaged internally antiskating not working properly which you wouldn’t know unless you checked it against an antiskate gauge. Buyer beware is the rating I’d assign to this table. For a newbie that’s asking for trouble since you wouldn’t know what to spot and how. Would rather have a Project at this price.

Regards
Thank you for valuable suggestion.
Best Regards

some suggest that pre owned TT are not gud to use for the newbies so better to go with low budget automatic TT to start with.
Yes. That point is also true to some degree. I think stores like Revolver Club in Bombay have a good selection of entry-level TTs. HiFimart also has TTs.

Hello All,

I am looking for a decent turntable in Bangalore. Need good suggestions for members.

Regards

Rajesh
IF you are in Bangalore and if you are still looking for a TT, I would highly recommend Mahatobar Distribution (Its on MG .RD) . I recently bought a TT from the store . Excellent guidance and service . You can connect with @HiFiAudioFan for guidance and help

Thanks

Yes. That point is also true to some degree. I think stores like Revolver Club in Bombay have a good selection of entry-level TTs. HiFimart also has TTs.
So any entry level tt like rega p1 or project are gud to start for vinyl journey.
If we go directly to clear audio concept like tt, will it be a gud idea so that we won't need to change the tt in near future.

I am looking to buy a decent Turntable to connect with Marantz 6004 and Q Accoustics speakers 3050. Budget < 20-25K max. Any suggestions. I am based out of Pune

I am looking to buy a decent Turntable to connect with Marantz 6004 and Q Accoustics speakers 3050. Budget < 20-25K max. Any suggestions. I am based out of Pune
Well, I settled for the Audio Technica LP-60X automatic one. The price on Amazon India was way higher and so got it from Amazon.com. It was a pretty simplistic setup, easy to use and sound quality is pretty ok. Overall a good turntable for some interested in reciving your old LPs from the shelf and rekindling old memories.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back