Turntable

Pioneer PLX-1000. Much more than a decent turntable.
Alternatively, get in touch with The Listening Room in Bangalore. Some excellent turntables from this home based. dealer

@rajeshmehendiratta There are many good turntables, new and old. Your budget can help narrow the choices. If you are a newbie, starting off and need a taste of vinyl, you can try Pro-ject Debut Carbon or Rega RP1, 2.

I dont think Pro-Ject TT's are that difficult to setup, having said that you will need guidance here and there. The online guides are quiet self explanatory on setting up the Pro-Ject Debut series , making the tonearm float is a bit of a challenge but otherwise I think the overall setup is quiet easy. I myself am a newbie to TT's and records and Pro-Ject DC is my first TT.

, making the tonearm float is a bit of a challenge
precisely.
I know someone who accidentally hit the tonearm on the plinth while doing that.
It is my first TT too.

I am not new. Looking for better turntable if can get good Thorens or similar open for Garrard too.
There’s a preorder for new 1200MK7 on Revolverclub(no personal affiliation). For under 1L, that is a very good option IMO. For vintage TTs , FM @reubensm can better guide.

being a long term Garrard user, I can vouch for Garrard but there are a few dependencies that one must master - after being able to find one in good shape its about plinth selection and regular (simple) maintenance. As with most idler turntables, rumble control is an art which one will have to master (yes its an art in itself from condition of the idler wheel to platter bearing to the choice of lube oil, etc :) ). But at the end of the day, the experience is something different. Hard to beat.

Pioneer PLX-1000. Much more than a decent turntable.
Alternatively, get in touch with The Listening Room in Bangalore. Some excellent turntables from this home based. dealer
Hi iam planning to buy one as I am getting in 30000 Rs is it a good turntable at this price, and how about the turntable.

Hi iam planning to buy one as I am getting in 30000 Rs is it a good turntable at this price, and how about the turntable.
How are you getting it for such a low price? Its almost 2x that price, new.
The PLX-1000 is an eyes closed buy. Pair it with a Ortofon Blue or higher and you are set for life.

I am new to tt, one friend of mine is arranging for me from his audiophile group. It's 100v unit and pristine in condition.

I’d suggest researching a bit about the pioneer. Quite a few people have issues with the build that affects play. Build quality seems to be quite suspect and a hit or miss from reviews I’ve read and a couple of people I know. Headshell wires getting damaged internally antiskating not working properly which you wouldn’t know unless you checked it against an antiskate gauge. Buyer beware is the rating I’d assign to this table. For a newbie that’s asking for trouble since you wouldn’t know what to spot and how. Would rather have a Project at this price.

Regards

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back