TV for PS3

nova

Hi, Im planning on buying PS3 slim mostly for gaming by December or before, the thing is I have a NON-HD flat screen CRT Philips TV, will PS3 slim work with my TV??? How will be the game graphics quality be with this TV, also the picture/video quality while playing DVD and BRRip [by Secretmyth (H.264/MPEG-4 AVC)] movies in PS3???

Im thinking of buying a HDTV if PS3 wont work properly with Philips TV.
The choice of brand is SONY (SONY Fan :)). The models I have decided and their differences are:

1. KLV-32W550A 32 Rs. 62,900 Motionflow 100Hz (PAL)/120Hz (NTSC)
2. KLV-40V550A/B 40 Rs. 73,900 No Motionflow

These are my following questions regarding HDTV:

1. Which is better for playing PS3 games as well as watching TV (I dont have Tata Sky or others just normal cable connection), DVD and BRRip [by Secretmyth (H.264/MPEG-4 AVC)] movies????

2. Read that one can actually see and tell the difference between a Motionflow and non-Motionflow TV while watching fast moving objects. So, having a Motionflow TV better for playing games????

Even though Im SONY fan I dont mind any suggestions about other brands and their models. Please, I dont want assumptions like this brand is good. I want know if any of you actually own the TV you are suggesting or seen it in a showroom and compared it with other brands.

Also, should I wait for newer models of TVs to come out because only two more months for 2010 companies may plan to release new models cheaper for new year, so any idea about when newer and better models will come out?????

Thanks in advance. :)

well the ps3 will work in a crt,but it won't do justice.PS3 looks best in a 1080p tv,especialy lcds for their natively crisper look.
now the 32W550 is a waste of money i mean 62k is a lot for a 32" these days.also its recommended to switch of motionflow due to the fact higher input lag of this mode,which may hinder online game play.the game mode in sony will switch it off by default.
the 40V550A is a great choice again priced on the higher side its available for 61k in grey market.since u are buying ur ps3 only in december,no harm done in waiting as u will see a price drop and christmas offers,since u missed the diwali offers
u can also consider the samsung B530/B550A costs around 55k to 59k.

well the 2010 tvs are expected only around april.

how good are
these two for for ps3 gaming:
LG 32LH60YR Jazz theatre 32" 50k trumotion 100hz and Samsung LA40B550K1R 40" 70k no motionflow tech????

Last edited:
how good are
LG 32LH60YR Jazz theatre 32" 50k trumotion 100hz and Samsung LA40B550K1R 40" 70k no motionflow tech????

once again for games the 100hz feature isn't recommended,the samsung like the sony V550A doen't have 100hz either,its priced around street price 55k to 59k not 70k.

how good are

I recommend you read the TV price thread. The street prices of LG/Samsung etc are well below MRP and not like Sony.

Sonys are imported with huge taxation and so there is no scope for reduction in white market. Grey market has some good prices. LG & Samsung are manufactured locally.

LG & Samsung 32" are <40k for high end and around 30k for entry level.

For 50k, You can get high end 37" Samsung and low end 42" LG LCDs.

Also Have a look at the LG LED backlit LCD. 42" @ ~65k & 47" @ ~77k.

Well in Sony 100Hzs is not worth as I have seen with 40W550,some blurr is still visible with 100Hz on.40V500 can be better choice.

Look out for LG models, there are some with response rates of 2ms.

Ya,i Had checked out some models in LG with low response time of 2.3 ms which is very well recommended for games. I had checked out LG LH35,LH50 which was very good indeed and i bet they would shine with a PS3.The sammy models like the B530 were also equally good. In fact,i have zeroed in on one of the LG models for the same PS3 gaming purpose.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back