TV protection

ankurjbl

Hi , when I switch on or off fan/lights, my TV is getting restarted. Should be faulty wiring. What should I do protect the TV? Will Spickguard do? Or anything for voltage fluctuations? Please help as I am not aware of the different ways to protections available.

Thanks, I am on rent and will change home soon. What should I do to protect devices from whatever the issue is? will surge protector be sufficient?

Use a ups for your tv and that should do the needful. If you already have one for a computer or something else you could try to connect the tv and see if that helps. A 800-1000va ups should be fine.

Use a ups for your tv and that should do the needful. If you already have one for a computer or something else you could try to connect the tv and see if that helps. A 800-1000va ups should be fine.

My home is completely wired with inverter UPS and Havvells MCB. Is the stabilizer still needed?? I started to panic after my laptop(old) motherboard got into problem due to fluctuations recently.

My home is completely wired with inverter UPS and Havvells MCB. Is the stabilizer still needed?? I started to panic after my laptop(old) motherboard got into problem due to fluctuations recently.

Power fluctuations can get past even in stabilizers (sometimes), my polk audio subwoofer was blown out even when behind a v-guard digital stablizer, maybe it's sensitive for subs. It was under warranty so got the replacement free of cost. Though it's not recommended to use a ups for subs because of fluctuating power consumption, I still use the same stabilizer.

For other electronic devices like tv, nas, htpc, blu-ray player, routers etc I use a dedicated 1500va (BR1500GIN its an overkill) apc ups which protects these devices even in power fluctuations as it has in built avr (automatic voltage regulator) and keeps the current flow constant and free of any such disturbances.

For peace of mind try a spare ups for sometime and see if it helps.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back