TV with 240Hz refresh rate

musikcan

I only see 60Hz Refresh rate TV's in India, i had a 240Hz refresh rate TV 10 years back overseas. Wonder why they do not sell such televisions here in India.

You can’t transmit 240hz 4k over HDMI. That’s why you don’t see TVs over 4k 120hz (these are easily available in India as well)

I only see 60Hz Refresh rate TV's in India, i had a 240Hz refresh rate TV 10 years back overseas. Wonder why they do not sell such televisions here in India.
Those were not native 240hz. Marketing gimmick, sort of akin to what avr manufacturers do while claiming high wattage at incredibly high THD which is only possible when driving one channel (pioneer anyone?).

They used some method or the other to boost up frame rate from 60hz but it would not be able to actually disply more than 60 frames even if the source signal contained more than the said number (such as higher frame rates from a hgrhics card while playing games). The fastest refresh rate in a tv you can get right now (not monitor though the lines are pretty much blurred) is 144hz, india or not.

Last edited:
Maybe. The processor is the key i guess to ensure the images do not lag in fast action sequences..
Motion processing is another thing. Sony tvs, irrespective of advertised refresh rates, do an fantastic job of it, at least insofar as my 8 year old 32 inch w800 is concerned. It still manages display near perfect black levels and you simply can’t tell when the display is turned on when there is no signal from the source, something my newer generation tvs simply cannot replicate even with dimming.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back