Two LG GX TVs damaged due to miss handling by LG

srikanth4285

Long story…

I have purchased 65 inch GX OLED from reliance digital Hyderabad on July 26th TV was delivered on 27th, installation was assigned to Tirumalaa Electronics (Installation service provider). One guy showed up for installation on 28th, he has no idea how to handle or cable management for flush mount. I was helping him during installation. Once installation has completed noticed TV has bend on both sides. Raised complaint to Reliance, though it might be defective from factory, they were very helpful & tried to replace it asap but due to huge delay in approving this request by Tirumalaa Electronics it has taken a week to get the replacement.

New TV was delivered on 2nd August Again received call from Tirumalaa Electronics if the TV was delivered and for installation, I asked how many people are coming for installation they replied only one and I have to help as it was my TV, I was soo pissed off I paid more than 2 lakhs for the TV and why I have to help for installation and forced them to send 2/3 people. Two unprofessionals has shown up on August 3rd who again didn’t have basic knowledge how to handle or cable management, again I have to do the cable management on my own. Before installation I checked the TV it was perfectly alright without any bends. After installation noticed there were bends on both sides. Clearly it was the mistake while lifting the TV by holding top edges by installation guys.

Reached out to reliance again there were so good and understood my frustration, they said again they will replace 2nd TV once they get approval from Tirumalaa Electronics. I don’t want to go with LG again. Have to wait and see how it goes.

Attachments

• 4C0B56A8-A49B-4391-A04C-1B22820113F1.jpeg
    4C0B56A8-A49B-4391-A04C-1B22820113F1.jpeg
    19.9 KB · Views: 129
  • 128367E4-E962-40ED-B98E-6FCB42DE5645.jpeg
    128367E4-E962-40ED-B98E-6FCB42DE5645.jpeg
    19.7 KB · Views: 127
  • 12CB71AF-C07E-444D-B229-DD2C1DAA3FF2.jpeg
    12CB71AF-C07E-444D-B229-DD2C1DAA3FF2.jpeg
    32.6 KB · Views: 129
corona virus,no training to employees,underpaid and dont buy from reliiance go for lg show room

I would recommend take it up with LG and have them send the TVs to you directly and send some pros to install it.
We are talking lakh TVs here and not potatoes here.
If this tirumala can't handle it, they should stick to selling grinders and gas stoves which don't need proper handling!
If it does not work try to get your cash back.

I would recommend take it up with LG and have them send the TVs to you directly and send some pros to install it.
We are talking lakh TVs here and not potatoes here.
If this tirumala can't handle it, they should stick to selling grinders and gas stoves which don't need proper handling!
If it does not work try to get your cash back.
I have already escalated this via email and Twitter, they responded they will have a look.

corona virus,no training to employees,underpaid and dont buy from reliiance go for lg show room
Reached out to reliance when the 1st TV was damaged for cash refund but they don’t have option to refund to original payment method or through cheque. Again I will try to escalate to get refund.

Instead of going through the whole loop of getting another replacement TV and dealing with the same installer, why don't you seek the help of a friend or neighbor to install it? After all, what does it take to drill maybe half a dozen screw holes into the wall.

I am sure the instruction booklet will have clear instruction on how to lift and handle the TV during a install. If you still want to go with an installer, read the install manual and instruct them how to handle the TV.

Instead of going through the whole loop of getting another replacement TV and dealing with the same installer, why don't you seek the help of a friend or neighbor to install it? After all, what does it take to drill maybe half a dozen screw holes into the wall.

I am sure the instruction booklet will have clear instruction on how to lift and handle the TV during a install. If you still want to go with an installer, read the install manual and instruct them how to handle the TV.
This time I am not going with LG, I am already frustrated with this brand. I am planning to go with Sony A80J

No in India the support is not like how it is in US. If any fault in the future they will try to blame the customer and that the issue or damage is due to the installation done by the customer. I purchased a LG microwave for that itself LG asked me to wait till the service engineer comes to install and that warranty will be void if I even open the unit.It’s nothing just plug and play.

I purchased a LG microwave for that itself LG asked me to wait till the service engineer comes to install and that warranty will be void if I even open the unit.It’s nothing just plug and play.
Now that's ridiculous. Panasonic tried likewise with me but I wouldn't put up with cold food waiting for the service engineer lol.

Now that's ridiculous. Panasonic tried likewise with me but I wouldn't put up with cold food waiting for the service engineer lol.
Yeah I know but just one day I had to wait. Installing an Oled is definitely not advisable. Better wait and get it installed by the service engineer
This time I am not going with LG, I am already frustrated with this brand. I am planning to go with Sony A80J
Go for Sony80J for the sake of PQ but not for service and support.Lg support for Oled tv is much better then Sony.

What makes you think the installer from Sony will do a better job?
You've bought one of the finest TV's on the market. All you need is proper handling of the TV. Clearly, the way they are holding it isn't right. Seems like a simple problem to solve versus giving up on it.

I would suggest you to schedule the installation by any other authorized LG service provider if possible as the installer has screwed up the installation two times and caused damages to the TV. It is very obvious that they are handling OLEDs for the first time or being too careless.

I'm just horrified at the loss of capital here, hope they don't ship these installation damaged tvs to another consumer. Sad state of affairs. Installation and demo must be from brand side always.

What makes you think the installer from Sony will do a better job?
You've bought one of the finest TV's on the market. All you need is proper handling of the TV. Clearly, the way they are holding it isn't right. Seems like a simple problem to solve versus giving up on it.
My heart says try GX for one more time due to its design, buy my brain forces me to go with A80J… will discuss with Reliance & LG and take decision tomorrow. A80J costs 45k more… that’s one more factor to consider.

No in India the support is not like how it is in US. If any fault in the future they will try to blame the customer and that the issue or damage is due to the installation done by the customer. I purchased a LG microwave for that itself LG asked me to wait till the service engineer comes to install and that warranty will be void if I even open the unit.It’s nothing just plug and play.
This is the Sad Truth over here for Tv installation, i would love to install my future 65" Oled myself as i will do a better job i feel.
Luckily all my Hifi speakers, amps etc i can install it myself & my way :p
Even my 30kg each Tower Speakers i purchased last year, the dealer wanted to send his guys & i said "Noooo" & since we are like friends he agreed & knows that i like to install my own stuff. I wish it was this way for Tvs too :rolleyes:

If you can afford a80j, go with it. I own a80j and it is a big upgrade over my older A8G.
I am a fan of Sony and my budget was 1.7lakhs looking for A8H. Reliance Digital doesn’t have new A8H in stock. So they suggested GX and quoted a price that I can’t refuse 1.85 after cashback, I like the design from the day it was released so I said yes. Reliance cannot refund the amount but they can provide store credit, so thinking of A80J but it costs 2.3lakhs which is no way in reach of my budget.

My heart says try GX for one more time due to its design, buy my brain forces me to go with A80J… will discuss with Reliance & LG and take decision tomorrow. A80J costs 45k more… that’s one more factor to consider.
In fag-end of GX supply chain you might only receive defective products as replacements as the cream of the pie would have gone already. A80j is brand new in inventory and it maybe a better choice to opt for it. Have the extra amount negotiated and if possible cover it in emi. Or why don't you go for evo G1?

Either which way for OLEDs of that high a price, you want a TRAINED COMPANY guy to do it - Either from LG and/ or SONY.
Then if something is done wrong with the OLED, you have them - not passing the buck to someone else.

Even if you have to wait or it costs extra, its better to have an OLED experienced - FLUSH mount experienced Tech doing it.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back