Ubuntu music server - Spotify via daemon? Other services apart from MPD {music player daemon}?

rwnano

I have this laptop - lacking a battery which is connected to a UPS.
This has spotify running on it and is connected via a Digital to Analog convertor to my Amplifier.
How do I "daemonize" this Spotify instance so that it always runs even when the laptop is restarted?
Other services that I can run on Ubuntu and control via an Android phone - I understand ROON can be used and Moode Audio and Plex and some others. Kodi.
Please help me with an "optimum-stack" to configure the laptop with.
Thanks.

I have this laptop - lacking a battery which is connected to a UPS.
This has spotify running on it and is connected via a Digital to Analog convertor to my Amplifier.
How do I "daemonize" this Spotify instance so that it always runs even when the laptop is restarted?
Other services that I can run on Ubuntu and control via an Android phone - I understand ROON can be used and Moode Audio and Plex and some others. Kodi.
Please help me with an "optimum-stack" to configure the laptop with.
Thanks.
Install raspotify. See https://github.com/dtcooper/raspotify. I use this on my debian and ubuntu based devices to run spotify headless. You can use the official spotify app on android, ios or any other desktop/laptop to connect to this battery-less laptop
sudo apt-get -y install curl && curl -sL https://dtcooper.github.io/raspotify/install.sh | sh

Install raspotify. See https://github.com/dtcooper/raspotify. I use this on my debian and ubuntu based devices to run spotify headless. You can use the official spotify app on android, ios or any other desktop/laptop to connect to this battery-less laptop
Thanks again sir. Apart from Spotify and mpd... anything else that needs to be run on the Ubuntu laptop?
Also the apple MacBook doesn't restart on it's own after losing power. It needs to be long pressed the power button to switch it on again..how do I make it more like a self switching on device?
Alternatively I have an SBC an odroid as well as a raspberry pi 3b...should I used those with Spotify daemon?
Thanks

Thanks again sir. Apart from Spotify and mpd... anything else that needs to be run on the Ubuntu laptop?
Also the apple MacBook doesn't restart on it's own after losing power. It needs to be long pressed the power button to switch it on again..how do I make it more like a self switching on device?
Alternatively I have an SBC an odroid as well as a raspberry pi 3b...should I used those with Spotify daemon?
Thank
do
cat /etc/os-release
on both odroid and rpi3b
As long as it is debian >= bullseye and ubuntu >= 22
raspotify will work

do
cat /etc/os-release
on both odroid and rpi3b
As long as it is debian >= bullseye and ubuntu >= 22
raspotify will work
ok.
additionally - how to enable the ubuntu macbook to restart on its on like the Raspberry Pi & not require me to long press its power button after it turns off?

ok.
additionally - how to enable the ubuntu macbook to restart on its on like the Raspberry Pi & not require me to long press its power button after it turns off?
It is an EFI firmware setting. On laptops you probably cannot do this. Best is to have your macbook connected to a small UPS or get a new battery. You can still get the batteries for old models.

It is an EFI firmware setting. On laptops you probably cannot do this. Best is to have your macbook connected to a small UPS or get a new battery. You can still get the batteries for old models.
alternatively I could use my Raspberry Pi 3b running Raspbian + SpotifyDaemon -- connected like my Ubuntu Macbook to a Topping D10s DAC?
Advantage being that Raspbery Pi's are persistent even after power goes off it will restart on its own and not require that silly long press of the power button.