Ultimate Ears Megaboom: Repair

Audiolab 6000A Amplifier

Suraj RP

Hey guys,

I am from Bangalore. I own an Ultimate Ears Megaboom Bluetooth speaker and I wanted to get it repaired. Under warranty, it gets replaced by Logitech but my speaker is out of warranty. I contacted the customer care but they told me there is no official service center in India.

I also contacted a few repair shops in SP Road, Bangalore. But it wasn't of any help. I know this query doesn't belong here but I really hope someone can help me find a repair shop where I can get fixed, my speaker. Thanks in advance :) WhatsApp Image 2020-08-27 at 1.17.38 PM.jpeg

edjamesx

It was tough to get Service BT speakers in general (except few brands). I also had similar issue with other BT speaker purchased from Reliance digital ,it stopped working after a year (also its out of warranty). At least they have replaced me new piece with 40% of original cost.

Try your luck ,servicing with local electronics shop . Mostly battery may be completely out.

Suraj RP

What is the actual problem?
Well, it was working perfectly. But once when we had gone camping, the speaker was run over by a car as it was under the wheel. Believe it is quite sturdy and it survived with a few scratches. After that, the power button sunk below and was not reacheable. I tried contacting Logitech Customer Care but they told there aren't any authorised service centers in India rather they only replace the products which are under warrenty. So I was hoping if anyone knew a good local service center who fixes BT speakers

Suraj RP

It was tough to get Service BT speakers in general (except few brands). I also had similar issue with other BT speaker purchased from Reliance digital ,it stopped working after a year (also its out of warranty). At least they have replaced me new piece with 40% of original cost.

Try your luck ,servicing with local electronics shop . Mostly battery may be completely out.
Ya, true that. I have been searching but they tell spare parts aren't available for this brand. Did you try in any shops in Bangalore?

edjamesx

Ya, true that. I have been searching but they tell spare parts aren't available for this brand. Did you try in any shops in Bangalore?
I did not try with local electronics shop, i checked with Reliance digital where i purchased , after a long speech with them they agree to give new product with exchange of my old speaker + 40 % cost. Now its working fine for more than a year.
Well, it was working perfectly. But once when we had gone camping, the speaker was run over by a car as it was under the wheel. Believe it is quite sturdy and it survived with a few scratches. After that, the power button sunk below and was not reacheable. I tried contacting Logitech Customer Care but they told there aren't any authorised service centers in India rather they only replace the products which are under warrenty. So I was hoping if anyone knew a good local service center who fixes BT speakers
:eek::eek::eek:
If it ran over over by car , chances of damages more inside components. The board would have been definitely some broken issue Though it does not show outside. If you have to repair they will charge u minimum 600 Rs to 1500 Rs depends on damage. And if issue with board u will have very less chances of Repair. Not sure the cost of this BT speaker , you may try to get new and better one .

Since you say Power button sunk inside , You may check any local electronics service shop , they will be able to fix the button issue , then try your luck.!!

Last edited:

flat_listener

Well... if it is only power button, then you can try opening it and do some Desi jugaad.

Here is a guide how to replace button:

And for speaker replacement:

Suraj RP

I did not try with local electronics shop, i checked with Reliance digital where i purchased , after a long speech with them they agree to give new product with exchange of my old speaker + 40 % cost. Now its working fine for more than a year.

:eek::eek::eek:
If it ran over over by car , chances of damages more inside components. The board would have been definitely some broken issue Though it does not show outside. If you have to repair they will charge u minimum 600 Rs to 1500 Rs depends on damage. And if issue with board u will have very less chances of Repair. Not sure the cost of this BT speaker , you may try to get new and better one .

Since you say Power button sunk inside , You may check any local electronics service shop , they will be able to fix the button issue , then try your luck.!!
Well, this costs around 20k. So I am trying to get it fixed. But many shops told me spares aren't available for this speaker. Anyhow I will try some other local shops. Thank you :)

Suraj RP

Well... if it is only power button, then you can try opening it and do some Desi jugaad.

Here is a guide how to replace button:

And for speaker replacement:
As an E&E engineer, it would be a shame if I didn't try this out :p. Thank you, man.