Ultimate Ears Megaboom: Repair

Suraj RP

Hey guys,

I am from Bangalore. I own an Ultimate Ears Megaboom Bluetooth speaker and I wanted to get it repaired. Under warranty, it gets replaced by Logitech but my speaker is out of warranty. I contacted the customer care but they told me there is no official service center in India.

I also contacted a few repair shops in SP Road, Bangalore. But it wasn't of any help. I know this query doesn't belong here but I really hope someone can help me find a repair shop where I can get fixed, my speaker. Thanks in advance :)WhatsApp Image 2020-08-27 at 1.17.38 PM.jpeg

It was tough to get Service BT speakers in general (except few brands). I also had similar issue with other BT speaker purchased from Reliance digital ,it stopped working after a year (also its out of warranty). At least they have replaced me new piece with 40% of original cost.

Try your luck ,servicing with local electronics shop . Mostly battery may be completely out.

What is the actual problem?
Well, it was working perfectly. But once when we had gone camping, the speaker was run over by a car as it was under the wheel. Believe it is quite sturdy and it survived with a few scratches. After that, the power button sunk below and was not reacheable. I tried contacting Logitech Customer Care but they told there aren't any authorised service centers in India rather they only replace the products which are under warrenty. So I was hoping if anyone knew a good local service center who fixes BT speakers

It was tough to get Service BT speakers in general (except few brands). I also had similar issue with other BT speaker purchased from Reliance digital ,it stopped working after a year (also its out of warranty). At least they have replaced me new piece with 40% of original cost.

Try your luck ,servicing with local electronics shop . Mostly battery may be completely out.
Ya, true that. I have been searching but they tell spare parts aren't available for this brand. Did you try in any shops in Bangalore?

Ya, true that. I have been searching but they tell spare parts aren't available for this brand. Did you try in any shops in Bangalore?
I did not try with local electronics shop, i checked with Reliance digital where i purchased , after a long speech with them they agree to give new product with exchange of my old speaker + 40 % cost. Now its working fine for more than a year.
Well, it was working perfectly. But once when we had gone camping, the speaker was run over by a car as it was under the wheel. Believe it is quite sturdy and it survived with a few scratches. After that, the power button sunk below and was not reacheable. I tried contacting Logitech Customer Care but they told there aren't any authorised service centers in India rather they only replace the products which are under warrenty. So I was hoping if anyone knew a good local service center who fixes BT speakers
:eek::eek::eek:
If it ran over over by car , chances of damages more inside components. The board would have been definitely some broken issue Though it does not show outside. If you have to repair they will charge u minimum 600 Rs to 1500 Rs depends on damage. And if issue with board u will have very less chances of Repair. Not sure the cost of this BT speaker , you may try to get new and better one .

Since you say Power button sunk inside , You may check any local electronics service shop , they will be able to fix the button issue , then try your luck.!!

Last edited:
Well... if it is only power button, then you can try opening it and do some Desi jugaad.

Here is a guide how to replace button:

And for speaker replacement:

I did not try with local electronics shop, i checked with Reliance digital where i purchased , after a long speech with them they agree to give new product with exchange of my old speaker + 40 % cost. Now its working fine for more than a year.

:eek::eek::eek:
If it ran over over by car , chances of damages more inside components. The board would have been definitely some broken issue Though it does not show outside. If you have to repair they will charge u minimum 600 Rs to 1500 Rs depends on damage. And if issue with board u will have very less chances of Repair. Not sure the cost of this BT speaker , you may try to get new and better one .

Since you say Power button sunk inside , You may check any local electronics service shop , they will be able to fix the button issue , then try your luck.!!
Well, this costs around 20k. So I am trying to get it fixed. But many shops told me spares aren't available for this speaker. Anyhow I will try some other local shops. Thank you :)

Well... if it is only power button, then you can try opening it and do some Desi jugaad.

Here is a guide how to replace button:

And for speaker replacement:
As an E&E engineer, it would be a shame if I didn't try this out :p. Thank you, man.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back