Unable to access detailed TV menu (Panasonic)

vkalia

Hi guys -

I have a weird problem. I have a 58" Panasonic LED TV purchased a couple of years ago (TH-58HX450DX:

I finally decided to attach it to an amplifier via an optical out and get better sound than the built-in speakers. However, I am having a weird problem. When I press the MENU button, I do not get access to any of these detail settings. I can only see 3 options:
- Picture Mode: Standard/Sport/User/Game
- Sound Mode: Standard/Music/Sport/Movie
- Source: accessing the various input options

That's it. No ability to adjust the picture brightness/contrast, no ability to set the audio feed to go to the optical out, access the Bluetooth output settings, etc etc. No detailed options of any sort.

Any idea what's going on here? I have pressed pretty much every button on that remote - no luck

Is it in hotel tv mode or store mode? hotel mode allows TVs to be set up so the public can't fiddle with them.
I think you will have to press and hold the - volume button on the side of the tv for few seconds

So apparently, the Android home page only provides the basic menu. Having a HDMI feed active (my Apple TV) allowed me to get a few more in-depth menu options: it brought up the screen where you can adjust brightness/gamma/contrast, and also the sound - but it didn’t actually let me change those options. And still no ability to access the BT settings.

But at the very least, this should allow me to pipe the audio to my amp and turn off the TV speakers - which is the bare minimum i needed.

Thanks!

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back