Unable to connect Stereo amplifier to Bluray Player

zoozoo

Dear All
I have a Samsung 3D Bluray player BD D5500, which has only 2 output connectors at the back. One is HDMI and the other is Digital Coaxial Audio OUT. I have a stereo amplifier, Marantz PM 15S2, which has only RCA Audio IN jacks. Pls. tell me how should I connect this bluray player to the amplifier for listening to music...
Eagerly awaiting to replies from the forum members...Thanks in advance.

The new models of BD players of most brands have stopped giving RCA outputs for analogue playback. So you will need either an AVR with a built in DAC or a stand alone DAC for playback. You can easily connect to an AVR with digital coaxial or HDMI. For an amp like your marantz you will need an external DAC. You can try the Mistral DAC which we reviewed recently here http://www.hifivision.com/amplifiers/47731-mistral-hybrid-amp-dac-cdp-2.html#post543309. It costs around 22k.
Otherwise your only option is to use an AVR.

Dear All
I have a Samsung 3D Bluray player BD D5500, which has only 2 output connectors at the back. One is HDMI and the other is Digital Coaxial Audio OUT. I have a stereo amplifier, Marantz PM 15S2, which has only RCA Audio IN jacks. Pls. tell me how should I connect this bluray player to the amplifier for listening to music...
Eagerly awaiting to replies from the forum members...Thanks in advance.

Hey Zoozoo try getting a digital coaxial out to RCA cables, these are very tough to find may be you can try and source from other countries through ebay/amazon etc or ask anyone travelling to get it for you.

There are some high quality low priced DAC available in ebay.com (kit or assembled board). Some of them reviewed in many forums and mostly got +ve feedback. I would suggest you don't invest fortune in DAC for this purpose unless your DVD player supports the FLAC playback. A simple and not so expensive one also can do. Search ebay.com.

Thanks all for your replies. So I have to buy a DIgital to Audio Converter after all. I thought some cable would do the trick. Any ways thanks to all. I just chanced upon a FIIO DAC on the Internet. Let me know how is it compared to the ones you have recommended on eBay. Cost wise not too much of a difference. Will the sound be better if I use a FIIO DAC, which looks to be a good brand than the ones in the eBay links pasted by you in a few replies above.

Update: bought a FIIO DAC and my amp is now connected to the bluray player. The music is now sounding much better too. Thanks to all members who contributed to this solution.

Hey Zoozoo try getting a digital coaxial out to RCA cables, these are very tough to find may be you can try and source from other countries through ebay/amazon etc or ask anyone travelling to get it for you.

Such cables do not exist.
You will need a DAC ( digital to analog converter)

Edit: just saw your post confirming that you got a DAC and liking it - congrats

Last edited:
Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back