Unable to learn remote codes from Airtel DTH STB

cybervinay

I have recently installed Airtel DTH system and have tried to use my HT Master universal learning Remote Control MX-600 for learning the codes.
Basically MX-600 is IR+RF remote and I want to use this remote for controlling the STB kept in anothe room. It comes with a additional unit that is kept in the same room as the STB

I have searched on various forum and understand Airtel is sending codes that might be incompatible (longer in length, different format) with MX-600.

Can some one confirm if you have been able to learn/program remote control codes for Airtel STB into any other learning remote.

Some one suggested that use another intermediate remote control to learn the codes and then use that to input the codes to MX-600 remote.

Also share any other IR extender/ IR repeater solution that is available in India. I am based at Delhi.

Last edited:
I was able to resolve this issue by using an intermedia remote (Legrand On-Q) and now MX-600 controls the Airtel STB

Hi - Can you tell me the code you used to program the Legrand On-Q? I am trying to use an RCA universal remote to control airtel but not able to program it.

thanks

Hi,

I had purchased an IR extender to increase the remote coverage of Airtel HD+ Huawei Ds366 STB , but unfortunately,i m unable to operate the setup box, but i m able to operate my TV which is also configured via that universal remote of Airtel STB.
I have tried placing the ir transmitter at different locations near the STB receiving window, but with no luck. I desperately want it to work.

Any help from you guys or anyone faced similar problems , pls share or let me know the resolution.

Thanks in advance

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back